Senior Financial Analyst [Lentz Milling]
Company: JM Swank
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: February 1, 2019
*** This position may be filled in any of the following locations: Reading, PA; North Liberty, IA or Carol Stream, IL. The scope of the position pertains to Lentz Milling. JM Swank, LLC, Lentz Milling, and JRRW Transport are owned by Platinum Equity. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. ***
The Senior Financial Analyst performs routine and ad-hoc financial, operational, and sales analyses for the Senior Director, FP&A of JM Swank and Storm Chaser executive team, compiles the Lentz annual capital and operating budgets, and assists the accounting team with various tasks.
- Performs ad-hoc analysis utilizing PC financial models, BI analytical tools, Jet reports and other software tools
- Assists in developing and compiling the annual operating plan (AOP) (includes sales, operating and capital budgets) and monthly rolling forecasts for Lentz Milling Company. Requires coordination with Lentz department and senior managers, and JM Swank finance team. Ensures the integrity of the AOP and forecast projections, and meets the deadlines set by the Senior Director, FP&A and Platinum Equity.
- Monitors, researches and reports on budget variances
- Completes various Lentz month-end balance sheet account analyses
- Completes the Lentz monthly executive financial package and other reports as required
- Maintains Evergreen CPA (Customer Profitability Analysis) model for Lentz and performs analysis using the data as required. Model is updated annually.
- Develops, maintains and distributes PC models and Pivotier/BI reports to aid in daily, weekly and monthly analysis of sales and financial results
- Serves as training resource for Lentz users to build their competencies on BI cube reports and functionality, as well as Jet reports.
- Analyzes A/R, inventory and A/P turns to ensure Lentz is effectively utilizing working capital based on company targets
- Performs capital spending audits on projects with ROI to determine whether goals have been met
- Travels to JM Swank in North Liberty, IA as required for work assignments
- Accepts assignments varying in size and scope as well as other duties as assigned
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- Analytical skills - Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Skilled in developing complex PC models to assist in analytical process. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Attention to Detail/Quality - Does not let important details slip through the cracks and carefully checks own work for accuracy and completeness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and controls in processes.
- Intelligence/Problem Solving - Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information. Able to resolve complex problems/issues independently, involving others only when necessary.
- Efficiency - Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort. Meets assigned target dates and notifies appropriate staff in advance when dates might be missed.
- Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail. Ability to summarize and present complex information clearly both verbally and in writing. Edits work for spelling and grammar. Listens well and gets clarification if communication is not understood.
- Teamwork - Reaches out to peers and cooperates with managers to establish an overall collaborative working relationship. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Flexibility/adaptability - Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change. Manages and prioritizes competing demands effectively.
- Persistence - Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Assertiveness - Willing to defend his/her point of view and take a stand using fact-based data without being overly abrasive.
- Work Ethic - Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of a positive work ethic.
- Planning/Organizing - Sets goals and objectives; Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Ability to maintain confidentiality; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibilities for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience - Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA/MBA preferred. 5+ years of financial analysis and budgeting experience in manufacturing or distribution. Experience building complex PC models for analytical and reporting purposes.
- Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret Company documents; Ability to summarize complex projects and write proposals, reports and business correspondence; Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to employees and outside parties.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to create complex mathematical formulas, and utilize statistical analysis and finance principals in order to create financial models and reach conclusions for projects presented. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money, weight measurement, and volume. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to use logic and reason to develop complex analyses independently - the variables used in these analyses might not always be readily available, so another means of getting to the end result sometimes needs to be created; Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral and written form; Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual must have advanced knowledge of MS Excel and experience with mining and manipulating data using Pivot Tables and advanced Excel functions. Experience working with ERP systems, business intelligence (BI) systems and multidimensional modeling software. Knowledge of MS Outlook and intermediate knowledge of Word and Power Point; MS Access knowledge a plus; experience with MS Dynamics Navision a plus. Must have ability to type 45+ wpm.
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations - Valid Driver's License
- Other Skills - Ability to focus attention on detail, check own work for accuracy, tie results to source data and validate assumptions used
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job; the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply:
All candidates are required to submit a current resume online for consideration:
- Non-Driver Application: https://www.jmswank.com/careers/
- Internal JM Swank Application: ADP Career Portal: ADP> Myself> Talent> Career Center
- For further support, please contact: email@example.com
Who We Are:
As a trusted and value-added partner, JM Swank, LLC has been helping customers grow profitability since 1954. We fulfill an important role by working with our suppliers and customers to help provide safe, affordable, nutritious food to those who need it. We've grown from servicing food manufacturers in the Midwest, to a fully integrated supply chain solution for Fortune 500 companies across the nation. Today, JM Swank, LLC is rapidly growing under the ownership of Platinum Equity, LLC, a private equity investment firm. JM Swank, LLC continues to provide unparalleled expertise in food ingredient distribution, including sourcing and logistics, to well-known customers who in turn produce some of the world's most recognizable brands.
Our JM Swank, LLC team demonstrates honesty, fairness and flexibility in everything we do. We take a personal approach to partnership, as we work to increase supply chain efficiencies and meet the product needs of our customers. We pride ourselves on keeping our customers informed of the latest market activity and product developments, while always keeping quality and safety top of mind. We continually seek talented professionals who demonstrate strong leadership capabilities, coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit, innate sense of accountability, customer first mindset and unwavering drive towards continuous improvement. Join us as we work to achieve our goal of being the top food ingredients distributor in the nation.
Our JM Swank, LLC employees enjoy a collaborative work environment that fosters the ability to challenge the status quo. Employees are encouraged to identify and take ownership of challenges, with a focus on root cause analysis and teamwork. Our employees embrace rapid change, while remaining open to new ideas and technologies. We view growth in a positive light, as it allows us to meet the needs of our customers as well as our overall business objectives. Employees enjoy participating on committees and having a voice in how we conduct business daily. Learning and professional development are highly encouraged, at all levels within our organization. JM Swank, LLC is known for giving back to the communities we live and work in. Our pay rates are competitive, and employees are truly valued for the work they do on behalf of our customers. Our comprehensive benefits package is designed to support employees in their career and in life away from work.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
JM Swank, LLC Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers who do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g., U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunity laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done, which will ensure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the JM Swank, LLC companies. Please contact JM Swank, LLC / JRRW Transport / Lentz Milling Human Resources if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Keywords: JM Swank, Carol Stream , Senior Financial Analyst [Lentz Milling], Accounting, Auditing , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!