Company: Wesco Distribution
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Job DescriptionWESCO is seeking an Administrative Assistant. In
this role, you will provide administrative support in a variety of
functions to an individual, team, department or another group in an
organization (vs. an entire office). You will collect, review and
analyze data and prepare reports, charts, budgets, and other
presentation materials. You will respond to or routes routine
inquiries from external or internal sources with own correspondence
or other messaging. In addition, you will schedule and coordinate
meetings, travel, and other group activities. You may be
responsible for creating reports and distributing on a regular
schedule. You may handle confidential and sensitive
- Compiles and analyzes basic information for inclusion in
reports or presentation materials, prepares charts, graphs, or
tables as necessary.
- Receives and responds to routine correspondence following
established procedures not requiring management review.
- Assists in the performance of general administrative
procedures, including data entry, equipment identification,
equipment service, and preventive maintenance.
- Contributes to proper resource utilization, cost containment,
procedural compliance, and customer service levels. Qualifications:
- 2 years required, 3 years preferred of administrative support
preferably in similar industry.
- Principles and processes for providing customer and personal
services, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality
standards for services, evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
such as word processing, managing files and records, transcription,
designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Ability to explain and teach appropriate policies, procedures
and practices. In the purchasing role, negotiating with suppliers
on discounts and payment terms and influencing their involvement in
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Awareness of products, suppliers and trade discounts related to
procurement activities is preferred.
- Strong comprehension of WESCO systems, policies and procedures
concerning purchasing, inventory, quality and administration is
preferred. WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries
and affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate
against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion,
color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran
status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is
not limited to the following: recruitment and employment,
promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training
including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.#CSS123
Keywords: Wesco Distribution, Carol Stream , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!