Part Time Receptionist
Company: Covenant Living
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: August 7, 2022
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!Part of a nation wide family
of Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Covenant Living is
seeking a Receptionist. This position is accountable for greeting
residents, staff, and visitors in person or on the telephone, in a
manner that promotes Covenant Living in a positive, professional
way. In this role, the Receptionist will:
- Answer all telephone calls as quickly as possible in a polite,
personal, and friendly manner. Transfers calls appropriately. Take
messages when the individual requested (resident or staff) is not
- Monitor emergency system, directs staff to emergent situations,
calls emergency personnel as appropriate, completes resident checks
as appropriate to specific desk
- Provide information to all visitors and see that they are
directed to the appropriate individual who can assist them,
ensuring that all visitors/contractors sign in and wear appropriate
badges according to policy and procedure.
- Ensure that reception desk and lobby are kept clean and
organized after each shift.
- Facilitate transportation requests to appropriate staff,
coordinate and communicate the timing of transportation to
residents and staff. Places courtesy calls to residents to remind
them of transportation trips.
- Assist residents in signing up for programs and activities and
- Is knowledgeable about all office equipment and is able to
demonstrate how to use it to other staff, monitors equipment,
reports supply need and issues to Lead Receptionist.
- Sell postage stamps to residents and staff, receive packages
and mail, sort mail and log in packages, inform residents/staff of
packages to pick up.
- Facilitate maintenance requests, inputs requests into system,
and communicates to appropriate staff urgent or emergent
- Complete monthly charge sheets in accordance to procedure.
- Support other departments in clerical duties as assigned by the
Administrative Services Coordinator
- Support the Lead Receptionist in clerical duties and
maintenance of the reception area
- Balance cash register/drawer including cash receipts and checks
that have been cashed for individuals at the desk.The ideal
candidate will have:
- High school education or equivalent.
- One year of secretarial training or clerical experience.
- Highly organized, detail oriented with excellent interpersonal
and communication skills both verbal and written in English. .
- Pleasant personality and telephone voice.
- Ability to remain calm in an emergency situation.
- Complete confidentiality when circulating general
- Knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Interest in and desire to work with older adults.For full time
employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org. Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Homeare equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information,
or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations,
or ordinances.Required qualifications:
- 18 years or older
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Able to comfortably lift 40 lbs
- Able to stand for duration of shift
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Background check
Keywords: Covenant Living, Carol Stream , Part Time Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!