Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: February 23, 2021
The Sr. Mechanical Engineer is responsible for complex projects and
challenging engineering assignments. Leads projects from inception
to completion and ensures all objectives are met. Collaborates with
Engineering professionals and other cross-functional departments.
This position develops new standard products and complete
automation systems from concept design through implementation into
production (analyzing, understanding design requirements, designing
components to meet requirements, and testing the system to validate
the design). Leads system troubleshooting efforts, creates and
evaluates technological developments, investigates feasibility of
new engineering techniques, components, processes and
- Develops (design, layout, conceptualization, and costing) of
new products and systems from concept through production.
- Assists with development, documentation, and cost estimates for
product functional and design specifications.
- Instrumental in developing automation system designs that
exceed customer-needs while leveraging 80 products and Engineering
- Communicates effectively with customers, sales team,
applications experts, machine builders, other technical experts,
and site-leadership team to achieve business objectives.
- Makes reasonable estimates of time required to complete designs
and adjusts personal schedule and level-of effort and or asks for
appropriate assistance to consistently complete assigned tasks
- Innovates solutions and develops products, process and systems
based on customer and business needs
- Performs mechanical design and development of component parts
- Has familiarity with how mechanical systems integrate and
function with electrical and software control systems and can
identify weaknesses in the design phase
- Assists with assembly, fine-tuning, customer acceptance test
and troubleshoots performance issues at root-cause level following
through with incorporating lessons-learned into Engineering Design
Standards and Engineering Processes.
- Generates engineering documentation including product drawings
- Coordinates new product introduction and training with cross
functional departments including manufacturing/product
- Supports existing standard products with design
- Performs analysis and tests new products and product
enhancements for design validation
- Works in cross functional teams consisting of mechanical
engineers, electrical engineers, software engineers, technicians,
machine builders, sourcing professionals, project managers, and
- Provides guidance and training to other engineers and technical
- Maintains focus on continuous improvement by applying 80/20,
PLS, and USa principles/techniques and makes process improvement
recommendations to management.
- Embraces company EHS program and works to promote safe and
healthy working environment for self and others
Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Minimum 10 year's related experience with proven advancement is
- Design experience with industrial automation and machine design
- Excellent root-cause problem solving, attention to detail,
working to timelines, and decision-making skills
- Excellent aptitude in all branches of mechanics as relates to
components, machines, and complex automation systems. Tolerance
stack-ups, Fixturing, Repeatability, Dynamic effects, Motion
control, Risk Analysis
- Experience with 3D CAD tools, SolidWorks required
- Familiarity with ANSI, UL, CSA, CE and other design standards
for industrial equipment
- FEA and CAE skills a plus
- Good teamwork and project leadership skills
- Good rapport with customers and able to work under pressure
with project deadlines
- Proficient in the knowledge and use of MS Office (Word,
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues'
unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces
where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to
equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees,
beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all
aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected
Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: ITW, Carol Stream , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!