Company: Flowserve Corporation
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: June 16, 2022
Company Overview:If a culture of excellence, innovation and
ownership is what you're searching for, consider putting your
experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or
as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure
Flowserve's position as the global standard in comprehensive flow
control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional
development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our
foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity
and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve,
we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow
control solutions to make the world better for everyone!Role
Summary:This role is responsible for supporting the repair and
upgrade process for engineered and industrial pumps and related
products. The location is West Chicago, Illinois.Responsibilities &
Requirements: Responsibilities:This role involves some
customer-facing activities related to the order acquisition process
- Evaluating disassembly and inspection findings in order to
generate repair and upgrade work instructions.
- Interpreting technical drawings, industry standards, OEM
specifications, and manufacturing processes to solve reliability
- Determining cost effectiveness of repair options compared to
replacement component pricing.
- Coordinating with multiple internal and external stakeholders
to develop priced end-user quotations which align with customer
- Serving as an advocate for integrity and ethics while promoting
trust and setting positive leadership example that energizes others
about the futureRequirements:
- Technical degree (Associates or Bachelors in Engineering,
Engineering Technology, or Industrial Engineering) or 3+ years of
industrial experience, ideally in the repair of rotating
- Background in equipment repair processes and procedures or
within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and
written, including technical writing.
- Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and
complete a high volume of work to specific deadlines while
maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- High energy level and a strong work ethic, with the ability to
work closely as a team and instill these characteristics in
- Legally live in US, as we do not provide sponsorship.Preferred
Experience / Skills: Preferred:
- Experience in supply chain, operations, purchasing, planning,
materials management, customer service, engineering, product
management, or manufacturing engineering is preferred.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office and ERP
- Experience working with customers in the oil and gas, power,
and chemical industries. Experience in pumps and heavy machining
processes is highly desired.
- Strong working knowledge of engineering principles, including
industry standards such as API 610.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and/or 5S/6S principles.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks.\#COSPrimary Posting
Location: West Chicago, Illinois USJob Advertising Title: Project
EngineerJob Posting Category: Engineering/R&DEmployment Type:
Full timeCountry: United StatesAuto req ID: 53820BRFlowserve is an
equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without
regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate
against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or
disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their
co-workers Click here to learn more.If you are a qualified
individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the
right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or
limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as
result of your disability. You can request a reasonable
accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In
order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words
"Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For
more information, read the Accessibility Process.
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Carol Stream , Project Engineer, Engineering , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!