Process Engineer (R&D/Food)
Company: Conagra Brands
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: July 28, 2022
We are looking for an R&D Process Engineer in Chicago, IL to
support our Snacks team!Located in the heart of downtown Chicago
along the Chicago River, our Center for Food Design is a unique and
exciting space filled with state of the art facilities and a team
of enthusiastic foodies that help bring food product insights and
trends to life.As the R&D Process Engineer, reporting to the
Senior Process Engineer, you will work closely with Food Scientists
and Development Teams by supporting and leading multiple projects
at our on-site pilot plant or by traveling to our off-site plants
to lead and support plant trials and plant start-ups. You will work
to transition projects from bench to Supply Chain. You will focus
on developing the requirements for critical transformations,
developing performance based specifications, and providing the
widest possible solution space. Your work will be based on consumer
benefits and designed for profitability, operability, efficiency,
and vertical start up.What you'll do in this role:
- Learn and apply the Methodology of Product/Process/Package
- Support complex innovation launches, collaborating with product
development, quality, and supply chain representatives.
- Communicate cost savings project proposals, develop trial plans
to test process variables, and implement projects at manufacturing
- Develop and define manufacturing processes that accommodate
specific consumer and marketplace requirements for new products,
while meeting process, quality, and cost objectives.
- Define the physical, chemical, and biological transformations
that must occur to produce new food products.
- Design and execute bench top, pilot plant and plant experiments
/ trials, either individually or as a member of a technical
- Review and analyze results of experiments and trials to provide
- Help with cost estimates and capital requests for trials and
- Provide technical support in manufacturing facilities as
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all experimental and
- Leverage internal and external resources to help analyze
problems, identify alternative options, perform tests, foresee
consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations to
- Assist in providing technical leadership on projects as
required.What you'll need to be successful:
- BS Chemical, Food, or Biological Engineering required. MS
- Minimum 3 years related experience required.
- Experience with process technology documentation, including
Process Flow Sheets, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, Mass and
Energy Balances, Process Control Strategies, and Process
- Experience with meat process technology including mixing and
blending, flow control, stuffing/forming, smokehouses, and
portioning methods and equipment is preferred.
- Understanding of Design of Experiment methodologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs including Word, Excel
and Power Point.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and nonverbal) and
the ability to present to leadership.
- Familiarity with project management fundamentals.
- Demonstrated strong leadership with cross-functional teams
(Interpersonal, Team, and Organizational) and decision making
- Structured problem solving skills (preferred Six Sigma and
other problem solving models).
- Experience working with external work partners, vendors, and
suppliers on sensitive/confidential matters.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time. Must be able to travel
independently and as a responsible company representative.Physical
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally; lift up to 25 lbs.
- Work extensively in pilot plant and or production plant floor
- Exposure to manufacturing environments for periodic extended
work days to include: - loud noise, heat, cold, wet, slippery
conditions, and exposure to allergens.
- Walking and/or standing for long periods of time.
- Climbing to various heights via stairs or ladders.
- Bending and/or crawling; must be able to move safely and freely
around machinery.We require applicants for this role to be legally
authorized to work in the United States without requiring employer
sponsorship either now or in the future.Our benefits include
medical, dental, vision, 15 vacation days, 6 additional days off
and 10 paid holidays. Check out our 401k plan too! Conagra will
match 100% up to the first 6% of pay you save. The company will
also provide a 3% non-elective contribution to your account
regardless of your participation (that's 9%)! -#LI-MH1#ONSITEOur
Benefits:We care about your total well-being and will support you
with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid
life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and
stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development
- Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules
(subject to your location and role)Our Company:Conagra Brands is
one of -North America's -leading branded food companies. We have a
rich heritage of making great food, and a team that's passionate
about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every
occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye -, -Marie
Callender's -, Banquet -, Healthy Choice -, Slim Jim -, Reddi-wip
-, and Vlasic -, and emerging brands, including Angie's -
BOOMCHICKAPOP -, Duke's -, Earth Balance -, Gardein -, and Frontera
-.We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and
inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit
-.Conagra Brands -is an equal opportunity employer and considers
qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race,
color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave
status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any
other characteristic or status protected by national, federal,
state or local law. ?
Keywords: Conagra Brands, Carol Stream , Process Engineer (R&D/Food), Engineering , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!