Sr. Process Engineer - Savory Flavors Technical Operations
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Sr. Process Engineer - Savory Flavors Technical Operations Your future position? Givaudan, the world leader in the Flavor industry, creates lasting flavor and taste experiences that touch emotions across key segments including beverages, sweet goods, savory and snacks; regardless of product category Givaudan's passion is to make food and beverage products taste delicious. Continuously aiming to better our standards and strengthen our performance all across our organization, Givaudan is taking small steps and giant leaps to make our operational performance more efficient. Every employee at each site matters to our overall performance. Above all, we are extremely proud of the work that is done at the heart of our manufacturing sites. As a part of our Savory Technical Operations team within the Carol Stream, Illinois manufacturing facility, you will be instrumental in formula and process improvements and effective technical troubleshooting and resolution. Solid communication, collaboration, and technical skills are required to ensure effective execution of projects and initiatives.
- New Product Industrialization: Review formulas for manufacturing, quality, and safety viability and resolve issues with support from the creating flavorists and other stakeholders. Lead and monitor scale-up and first time orders as appropriate to ensure product can be effectively produced. Strong collaboration required with the production, quality, and planning departments, flavor creation and R&D.
- Technical Process Improvement and Engineering: Identify, define, justify, and implement process and formula improvements that will impact site performance (quality, cost reduction, yield, safety). Provide site process engineering support. Identify, justify, provide scope and process requirements for technical process improvement projects. Strong link to M&E / regional engineering. Oversee start-up of new equipment / processes.
- Project Leadership and Technical Problem Solving: Lead and/or support site improvement projects such as product transfers, quality improvement projects, yield improvement projects, cost reduction, and capacity improvement projects. Provide operations solutions for formula and process issues such as poor yield, chronic quality issues, excessive processing time, insufficient process controls, high product discard levels, formula or process related safety issues. Provide solutions for the rework of out of specification product that requires technical intervention. You? Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and work in a team as passionate as you? Then come join us - and impact your world. Your professional profile includes:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Engineering, Science or related field with a minimum of 5 years of related
- Experience working with diverse workforces including technical teams, manufacturing groups and leadership.
- Manufacturing/Engineering technical background, including product industrialization, process engineering, complex machinery and material flow, installations and evaluation of equipment into a growth environment. Familiar with Lean fundamentals.
- Understanding of accounting, financial, and MRP systems.
- Understanding of local, state and federal regulations and GMPs affecting the food industry. Givaudan is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D Your future employer? Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers' preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that 'engage your senses'. The Company achieved sales of CHF 5.1 billion in 2017. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in over 100 locations, the company has more than 11,100 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at
Keywords: Givaudan, Carol Stream , Sr. Process Engineer - Savory Flavors Technical Operations, Engineering , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!