Supply Chain Manager
Company: Snap On
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: May 11, 2022
At Sturtevant Richmont, a Snap-on Company, we make torque tools
that improve workplace safety, quality and throughput and we've
been doing it for 90 years. If you're looking for an opportunity to
grow your career in a small company atmosphere with big company
benefits, we encourage you to consider Sturtevant Richmont. We are
seeking a Supply Chain Manager. The Supply Chain Manager plans and
directs supplier management activities concerned with outsourcing,
sourcing, procurement, demand forecasting, supply planning,
inventory control and supplier development and SQA functions.
Manages the procurement, distribution planning and manufacturing
planning functions by providing organization, leadership and
training that will empower proactive and innovative
decision-making. Implement rapid continuous improvement through
reviewing, advising and recommending changes to production
activities such as: inventory levels, production scheduling,
work-in-process, cycle counting, manual and computerized inventory
programs, and procedures to ensure maximum and efficient usage of
plant manufacturing capacity and assets in relation to production
requirements.If we are interested in moving forward with your
candidacy, you may receive an email invitation from Spark Hire, or
from a Snap-on representative, for a one-way video interview.
- Demand planning for Sturtevant Richmont, resulting in accurate
demand with minimum forecast error.
- Manufacturing production plan that identifies level of
production required to obtain demand and inventory plans.
- Manage monthly S&OP process that links sales, operation and
- Inventory management activities including controls, accuracy
- Drive Complete and On-time (COT) improvement and DC customer
- Plans and implements effective inventory strategies and systems
that deliver proper inventory and disposition of consigned,
returned or old goods.
- Overall management of the purchasing management resulting in
sustained continuous improvement, effective supplier management,
and supply chain cost improvements
- Participate with engineering in the selection of suppliers;
determine supplier capability/monitor performance. Participate with
engineering to support new product development
- Negotiates, implements and maintains contractual agreements.
Provide timely review of aggregated spend data; draw conclusions
from the data and provide direction and leadership for sourcing
- Act as liaison between corporate procurement and all end-user
departments. Provide efficient and value added support services to
internal and external customers utilizing best in class
- Supervise, instruct, train and complete performance appraisals
for; supervisors of demand planning, production planning and
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business/Finance, Manufacturing
Engineering, Procurement, Operations Management, or related field
(MBA a plus).
- Eight to ten years experience in demand planning, manufacturing
and production operations.
- Minimum of three years experience in manual and computerized
production planning and inventory control practices and
- Ability to lead a supply chain manufacturing facility with
complex supply base
- Knowledge of production management principles and cycle
- Good interactive people skills with the ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups,
management and/or individuals.
- Team player who supports both management and cell members.
- Ability to apprise a situation and counsel team members
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to manage performance and develop
- Entrepreneurial thinking.
- Complete knowledge of the cell principles and coaching skills
to assist in continuous improvement.
- Interest in further development of personal skills and
- Interest in current technology and trends.
- APICS certificationWe offer a complete benefits package, which
includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, tuition
reimbursement, paid vacation days and more!Snap-on is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, minority/female/disabled/veteran
Keywords: Snap On, Carol Stream , Supply Chain Manager, Executive , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!