Director of Category Management
Company: Marmon Holdings, Inc.
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Director of Category Management page is loaded Director of
Category Management Apply locations Carol Stream, IL Foodservice
Technologies time type Full time posted on Posted Yesterday job
requisition id JR0000015527 Marmon Foodservice Technologies,
Inc.Come join a team where People make the difference!As a part of
Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely
heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial
spirit to drive our success, and we're committed to attracting and
retaining top talent.Overview of MFTMarmon Foodservice Technologies
is and industry leading manufacturer of premium commercial food and
beverage equipment and supplies. With a longstanding, successful
history in foodservice as well as worldwide product reach, Marmon
Foodservice Technologies has built trusted partnerships with top
brands, distributor partnerships, and business owners. From
Innovative and leading food and beverage equipment, to full
life-cycle service solutions, our portfolio of brands have a
combined history of over 300 years in the foodservice industry.
As a key member of Supply Chain Leadership team, this position will
lead the global category team that will deliver many aspects of
global strategy and sourcing process, ensuring we maintain best
value and will collaborate cross-functionally that set category
strategies. The role will be responsible for setting strategies
that will support sourcing lowest total cost of ownership (TCO)
while supporting, Product Supply, technology roadmap linkage,
Commercial/Sales Team, Quality, and Product Development.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Leads a team that supports and optimizes a robust strategy for
the future focused on total cost of ownership improvements and
improved leverage profile for MFT.
- Drive strategies that are aligned to both simultaneously
aligned to the business needs and aligned to both global and
regional supply chain strategy.
- Establish / align resources to support initiatives that will
support the strategies identified, and the annual budget needs of
- Determine and balance priorities of the team, establishing
goals and objectives of the team.
- Establish processes that are going to drive continuous improved
efficiencies of the team.
- Metrics and Reporting: Define and prioritize data / analytics /
dashboards/ reporting, KPIs, and metrics across all facilities,
creating a set of metrics and benchmarks to hold teams
- Report out, establish monthly review meetings sharing the
actions and results of the team's performance.
- Ensure that the business requirements and needs of each region
are well understood and executed within the category plan; work
with the Procurement operations team to implement local sourcing
and local category management for items outside not covered in the
total Procurement category strategies
- Drive supplier performance and development through proactive
utilization of the Supplier Scorecard to benchmark and improve
supplier performance through the frequent communication of MFT's
expectations and requirements
- Lead and Category Managers in the Supplier Relationship
Management (SRM) and works with supplier when operations quality
issues become more frequent and/or severe.Ensure proper alignment
across the supply chain team and the operations team:
- Be a contributing member to the supply chain and operations
- As one of the leaders, collaborate cross functionally with the
leadership of other functions to ensure project success of all
projects your team is a part of.
- Ensure team is aligned and linked sufficiently to the MFT
global team, leveraging the support for other regions.
- Establish relationships with key and critical suppliers that
are critical to the success of MFT going forward.Strong Leadership
- Lead the develop the MFT supply chain strategy, articulate the
plan, and execute.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate effectively with all
levels of the organization.
- Ability to articulate complex problems concisely allowing for
understanding and fast decision making.
- Creates and environment within the team and external to the
team where there is openness in communication, with the ability to
set clear expectations and standards.
- Establish a culture of high performing individuals on the team
that will exceed the expectations set out for the team.
- Brings forth a continuous improvement mindset to the team.
- Provide complex and sophisticated data analysis to drive quick
and correct decision-making.
- Manages resource allocation requirements, striving for a
balance for focusing on what is most important for the business
with ever increasing efficiency. -
- Lead change management efforts around the supply chain process
while creating alignment and integration internally and
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving.Knowledge, Skills,
- Strong negotiations skills facilitating the ability to
negotiate with diverse set of suppliers across multiple regions and
close out negotiations
- Highly detailed with a systematic approach, sense of
responsibility and positive customer focus
- Must have demonstrably strong interpersonal skills (both
written and verbal), to include speaking clearly and persuasively
in positive or negative situations
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form
with all levels of personnel within the business unit and in the
wider organization, to include excellent writing, negotiation and
- Analytical with superior problem solving skills over near and
long-term planning horizons
- Strong business understanding and orientation and effectively
handles multiple, rapidly changing and conflicting priorities
- Strong cultural awareness based on past exposure, experience,
and successful business dealingsRequired Qualifications,
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering,
Business Management, or an equivalent field.
- 10+ years of professional category management experience and
procurement related experience, including international.
- 5+ years' experience in managing a team of individuals
demonstrating consistently improved performance.
- Strong experience with lean manufacturing techniques and
processes, that apply to supply chain.
- Demonstrated strong employee development skills and
- Demonstrated leadership ability, technical knowledge of
professional procurement, strong analytical and communication
skills. Ability to plan, organizes, and manages complex
- Demonstrated experience in project management, organizational
and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to indirectly influence cross functional
teams ensuring the right solutions for the business.
- Knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing techniques
- Intermediate to advanced user of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft
Project (highly desirable).
- Requires some travel.
- Work under limited direction. Following receipt of a
conditional offer of employment, candidates will be required to
complete additional job-related screening processes as permitted or
required by applicable law .We are an equal opportunity employer,
and all applicants will be considered for employment without
attention to their membership in any protected class. If you
require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application
or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to
firstname.lastname@example.org, and please be sure to include the title and the
location of the position for which you are applying. Similar Jobs
(1) Procurement Manager -New Product Development locations 2
Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago About
Us With more than 100 autonomous manufacturing and service
businesses, Marmon Holdings, Inc. may be the biggest company you've
never heard of. Part of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., Marmon is a global
industrial organization comprising 11 diverse groups with
20,000-plus employees and $10 billion in annual revenue. As leaders
in every industry we serve, Marmon companies have earned a great
degree of independence. And our people thrive on an entrepreneurial
spirit. At the same time, our group structure gives every Marmon
company access to the expertise of other Marmon companies serving
the same or related markets and customers - all with the support of
the entire Marmon organization. Working together, we become
something more than the sum of our parts. We become the most
reliable solution provider for a broad range of industries and
customers worldwide.In every case, Marmon's success is due to our
people. People with talent, drive and high ethical standards.
People who are following their passions and building their careers
across Marmon.Want to learn and perfect your craft? Want to sharpen
your skills while helping to solve challenges for our customers and
our world? Looking for a chance to grow within - or perhaps outside
- your field? Find a Marmon company that matches your passion. And
see what you can do with the support of a team that values your
Keywords: Marmon Holdings, Inc., Carol Stream , Director of Category Management, Executive , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...