Senior Account Manager
Company: Owens & Minor
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: November 27, 2019
Job DescriptionJob Description
Responsible for leading and executing field sales activities for
all Distribution or Provider Solutions products and services to
customers within a specific geographic market, account value or
customer type. Creates and fosters relationships with the
management of healthcare provider organizations. Assesses customers
needs and develops tailored sales strategy to position and close
sales of Provider Solutions program offering. Collaborates with
other Owens & Minor sales teams to develop and execute holistic
strategies to grow product and/or services sales and margin within
an assigned region. May also work to create and communicate
consistent strategies specifically for the healthcare provider
1. Identifies, develops and closes sales opportunities within a
designated geographic market and account level with a strong
attention to profitability. Analyzes customers needs, crafts
tailored sales strategies and closes sales of potential products
and consulting services.
2. Logs sales activities into the Customer Relationship Management
(CRM) in order to monitor and report on sales productivity.
3. Independently calls on mid to senior-level executives and other
representatives to generate sales. Develops margin budget
projections for an assigned region or group of customers.
4. Develops strategic relationships with management of key
healthcare providers that support the positioning, marketing and
selling of O&M products, services and technologies.
5. Responsible for negotiating contract terms, ensuring sales
profitability and adherence to pricing goals and standards.
Analyzes financial data to make sound recommendations to customers
to assist them in taking cost out of the supply chain.
6. Manages the contracting process for services delivered,
partnering with Home Office Contacts department effectively.
Ensures that all customer commitments are made in accordance with
Owens & Minor policies and that the commitments made can be
fulfilled and implemented.
7. Collaborates with counterparts in Owens & Minor Distribution
team to ensure that all O&M programs are supported in a cost
effective manner as it relates to the sale and on-going
relationship with the customer.
8. Teams with other internal groups to identify new product and
service sales opportunities and with the ongoing management of high
9. Partners with the Client Engagement Center (CEC) and other
internal teams to resolve customer service questions (e.g. AR
research, large usage changes, etc.) or significant disruption
issues requiring sales involvement.
10. Acts as liaison between hospital and division department heads
or other representatives at the account to ensure smooth
conversions. Acts as liaison between the customer account and
manufacturers to ensure accuracy of materials and supplies.
11. May assist with onsite training of clinical staff on use of the
technology platform.SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:1. Travels to
customer site, approximately 70% of the time.
2. Communicates regularly with the account, by onsite visits, email
and telephone, to continually assess and meet the customer's needs
3. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Bachelors degree, required, in Technology, Business, Marketing,
Supply Chain Management or a related disciplinary area or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Minimum, five (5) years of selling experience, required, in
Account Management, Technology Solutions Sales,
Business-to-Business Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain Management,
Healthcare Distribution or a related disciplinary area or an
equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the
3. Prior experience in successful selling technology solutions into
hospital systems, strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Comprehensive knowledge of the hospital industry and how large
hospital systems operate.
2. Ability to speak competently about clinical equipment found in
3. Knowledge of materials management, information systems and basic
4. Demonstrated knowledge of selling techniques, including
strategic selling, team selling and consultative/conceptual
selling. Knowledge of sales performance metrics.
5. Understanding of or the ability to learn CRM software and
Account Management software systems (e.g. Salesforce, Zoho CRM or
6. Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft
7. Demonstrated ability to
Keywords: Owens & Minor, Carol Stream , Senior Account Manager, Executive , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!