Health Office Nurse, LPN or RN, Part-time, Temporary
Company: Covenant Living Communities
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: January 20, 2023
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!We are INSPIRED TO SERVE! Come
join us! This is a Part-time, Temporary Nurse position in our
Health Office Wellness Center for residential living residents.
This is an 8 to 12 hour shift, 2 days per week. Covenant Living at
Windsor Park, part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care
Retirement Communities, is seeking a Health Office Nurse. This
position is accountable for maintaining and monitoring the general
physical and emotional welfare of the campus residential living
residents through resident education and consultation, preventative
screening, coordination with community resources / options,
collaboration with resident to maximize their whole person
wellness, and provide answers to resident and family questions
during clinic hours. This position must be alert to the change and
developments in the functional status of individual residents
through consistent implementation of LifeConnectIn this role, the
Health Office Nurse will:
- Coordinate the functions of the residential clinic during
designated hours of operations and advise residents with
medications and health questions.
- Collaborate with appropriate persons or agencies in response
resident call for aid. Monitors, evaluates, and follows up on
occurrence reports of accidents/ injuries of residents. Remain
current on functional status of residents.
- Keep LifeConnect team members informed.
- Maintain and promote good relations with physicians and
hospitals in the local community.
- Complete LifeConnect Profiles and LifeConnect Plans on current
and new residents.
- Participate in review process (the Health & Safety
conversation) for prospective residents.
- Update profile information for residents in electronic health
- Monitor and participates in the orientation of new residents,
including the use of emergency systems
- Stay educated on local community resources to support whole
person wellness, attending seminars/workshops, networking,
- Coordinate and /or implements educational/health programs for
resident education and wellness promotion.
- Function in compliance with appropriate requirements of
governing and regulatory agencies and scope of practice.
- Provide information to family members on current changes in
condition and, resources available in the community, as
- This position may supervise professional or non professional
- Ensure quality of care by making rounds to determine
effectiveness of care, resident satisfaction, and compliance with
state and federal regulations.The ideal candidate will have:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing and currently
licensed as a nurse, RN or LPN, in the State of IL.
- Two to Three years of experience involving assessment and
intervention of the conditions of seniors/geriatric clients is
- Strong assessment and communication skills are required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both
verbally and in writing.
- Must have current CPR certification or obtain within 30
- Must demonstrate proficiency with or ability to learn
applicable software programs.For full time employees, we offer a
generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org.Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Homeare equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information,
or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations,
Keywords: Covenant Living Communities, Carol Stream , Health Office Nurse, LPN or RN, Part-time, Temporary, Healthcare , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!