RN, Registered Nurse, Full Time, Night shift
Company: Covenant Living Communities
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: January 23, 2023
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!Making a difference in the
lives of others - that's what working at Covenant Living is all
about. You have the opportunity each and every day to make a
difference in the lives of older adults. From improving our
residents' quality of life, to creating peace of mind for them and
their families, our team members know that as a part of our
community, they are changing lives. Covenant Living at Windsor Park
is seeking qualified candidates for Registered Nurses (RN) to help
in fulfilling our common purpose: to create joy and peace of mind
for our residents and their families by creating a better way of
life. Join our organization, where teamwork, respect, and service
is part of our everyday environment and build your health care
career in a supportive, faith-based community. Positions are
available in skilled nursing. We are a 5-star healthcare facility.
We have 12-hour shifts and a consistent schedule! Join our team
today!The RN ensures that quality care is delivered through
assessment and monitoring of staff performance, physician contact,
care planning and daily resident assessment. This position also
provides direct care to residents. All this is done according to
nursing standards of practice, standard procedures, and established
State and Federal regulations for skilled nursing facilities.In
this role, the RN, Registered Nurse will:
- Provide routine daily direction and monitor the work of the
LPNs and nursing assistants on the unit, assuring a high standard
of nursing care and satisfactory completion of tasks.
- Assist in the orientation of new nursing personnel and
reinforce training standards to maintain a high quality of
- Assist in motivating LPNs and CNAs assigned to the nursing
- Provide explanation of nursing procedures and assistance to
staff to assure ongoing understanding and training.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Director of Nursing
regarding assessments, observations, and suggestions of problem
areas, resident and employee activities, concerns, needs,
- Observe and evaluate residents' health, mental and emotional
conditions and communicate significant changes to appropriate
staff. When indicated is responsible for notifying the physician
and family members according to prescribed procedures.
- Utilize the electronic medical records system timely and
accurately.The ideal candidate will have:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of IL.
- One year nursing experience necessary.
- Devotion to standards and principles of professional
- Skill in assessing problems, planning and evaluating solutions
in relationship to routine supervision of LPNs and nursing
assistant and resident needs.
- Understanding, patience and tact in dealing with people.
- Must be tactful and possess excellent communication skills
(written and verbal, English).
- Genuine compassion for senior adults and the disabled.
- Requires good human relation skills and the ability to monitor
and direct the activities of others.
- Availability when necessary to work beyond normal working hours
and in other related positions on a temporary basis; as well as
availability on weekends and holidays, or on days and shifts other
than those for which hired.For full time employees, we offer a
generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org.Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Homeare equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information,
or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations,
Keywords: Covenant Living Communities, Carol Stream , RN, Registered Nurse, Full Time, Night shift, Healthcare , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!