Company: Vita Pharmacy
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: December 6, 2018
- In accordance with state and federal regulations, assists the pharmacist, under direct supervision, in the practice of pharmacy. Assists the pharmacist in the performance of other Pharmacy Department duties in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for using pharmacy systems to obtain patient and drug information and process prescriptions. PTCB certified, assists with and coaches pharmacy technicians in the operation of pharmacy systems and cashiers in the operation of the pharmacy cash registers.Customer Experience
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.)
- Develops strong relationships with most valuable customers.Operations
- Under the supervision by the pharmacist, assist in the practice of pharmacy, in accordance with state, federal, and company policy.
- Performs duties including utilizing pharmacy systems to enter patient and drug information, ensuring information is entered correctly, filling prescriptions by retrieving, counting and pouring pharmaceutical drugs, verifying medicine is correct, and checking for possible interactions.
- Reports, immediately, prescription errors to pharmacist on duty and adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program.
- Strictly adheres to the policy regarding Good Faith Dispensing during all applicable prescription-dispensing activities.
- Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on assigned cash register, collects and handles cash as required. Takes customer to OTC aisle when possible to assist in locating products.
- Handles telephone calls that do not require personal attention of the pharmacist, including those to physicians.
- Processes (corrects and resubmits) manual claims for third party program prescription services in a timely and efficient manner, and performs other assign clerical duties.
- Assists and supports Pharmacy Department on inventory management activities, such as, ordering, unpacking, checking and storing shipment of pharmaceuticals.
- Maintaining good relationships with the local physicians, nurses, and other health care providers, health groups, retirement homes, nursing homes, and other forums for enhancing growth opportunities.
- Keep pharmacy Department are stocked with adequate supplies, clean, neat and orderly in condition and appearance.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with co-workers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned. Training & Personal Development
Keywords: Vita Pharmacy, Carol Stream , Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!