Maintenance Technician For Fast Growing Food Compa
Company: The Fresh Factory
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Description:At the Fresh Factory, we've built
a platform to accelerate the growth of emerging food and beverage
brands. We are vertically integrated from the farm to the shelf and
offer services above and beyond traditional manufacturing, becoming
a trusted growth partner for leading brands. Our industry-leading
benefits package shows our commitment to the safety and well-being
of our employees. Fresh Factory contributes generously to the cost
of medical, dental, and vision insurance for our employees and
their family members.Role:The Fresh Factory is looking for a
maintenance technician. The maintenance technician position is
responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install,
troubleshoot, repair & maintain production and facility equipment
according to safety, predictive, and productive maintenance systems
and processes to support the achievement of business goals and
objectives. This role will report to the Head of Maintenance.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain
production machines and the plant facility's equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment
during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of
production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to:
mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and repair of
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform
required maintenance and service; fill out appropriate logs and
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment,
and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and
material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those
and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Keep work areas, machines, and equipment clean and
- Perform predictive and preventative maintenance duties and
generate work requests to repair defective equipment.
- Communicate closely with Team Leads and other team members on
the status of work progress.
- Process troubleshooting for all manufacturing teams as
necessary to complete their tasks and to minimize downtime and
- Work with process and project engineers as necessary to install
new equipment and modify existing equipment.
- Work safely, and lead by example ensuring all GMP and technical
processes are followed by all. All related paperwork, supplies, and
documentation is completed daily.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all team members and
- Maintain high quality and cleanliness standards in accordance
with company food safety and sanitation standards.Qualifications:
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft
apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and
production maintenance experience.
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience; strong mechanical,
plumbing, electrical, and industrial skills with some PLC
- Previous experience working in a food-safe processing facility
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong people skills/communication.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to learn and apply policies, procedures, and
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines,
prioritize tasks, and handle conflict in a positive manner.
- Ability to work with multiple departments including
engineering, operations, safety, and quality assurance.
- Scissor lift certification (preferred).
- Must speak, read and write English. Spanish +Physical
- Move/Lift up to 75lbs.
- Stands most of the day.
- Bend/Stoop/Kneel/Crawl/Climb/Position one's self to work on
- Works in a cold room up to 50% of the time.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment.
Keywords: The Fresh Factory, Carol Stream , Maintenance Technician For Fast Growing Food Compa, Hospitality & Tourism , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!