Retail Service Merchandiser - Floral
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Overview: Acosta is looking for merchandisers who enjoy working
with flowers! This role specializes on caring for, stocking, and
placing pre-made flower bouquets in designated displays across
various Target retail locations. Customer service is a high
priority for this role, and this will allow you to build a close
relationship with the Target store management team by showing your
quality work once completed. Acosta offers great benefits as well
as on-line training. This merchandiser role works a part-time
schedule on specific weekdays and weekends with an average of 1
hour per visit. In addition, other project- type work is available
as needed.If you are a self-starter with strong attention to
detail, this role is a fit for you! Along with competitive pay,
Acosta offers a comprehensive benefits program, paid time off, and
401(k) match for both full and part-time employees!
- Serve as a team lead in the organization and execution of
project work. Effectively partner with store personnel for the
scheduling and communication of project work.
- Read and follow a plan-o-gram to effectively complete project
work. Have a working knowledge of merchandising and retail
- Perform duties such as maintaining store shelf standards and
inventory, including rotation of products, displaying merchandise
properly, placing shelf strips and attaching tags properly,
checking date codes and plan-o-gram integrity, and processing
packouts, restocks and reorders as necessary.
- Assist in gathering and moving materials, supplies, fixtures
and equipment necessary for the assigned project work.
- Partner with store personnel and co-workers to achieve and
maintain merchandising excellence, discuss changes, and build an
effective working relationship.
- Report and discuss observations and issues with IMPACT Senior
Area Manager/IMPACT Area Manager.
- Effectively and accurately work with web based applications to
indicate work availability, check schedule for work assignments,
accept work assignments, receive work documentation and
information, record work start and completion times, record work
mileage, record work expenses, record work time and attendance, and
complete training activities.
- Effectively and accurately prepare, process, submit, and manage
documentation related to assigned project work.
- Perform job safely by demonstrating full awareness of his/her
surroundings. Utilize proper safety techniques and equipment use
when necessary. Be proactive in alerting management to any unsafe
act or condition to prevent injuries.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understand and follow all Acosta policies and standard
operating procedures. Qualifications:
- High School Diploma / GED
- At least 2 years of Customer Service experience preferred.
Prior sales agent, retail and reset responsibility experience
- Strong demonstration of the following core competencies:
- Quality Commitment-Maintain quality standards that meet and/or
- Detail Oriented- Ensure work accuracy
- Customer Service-Provide a level of service to customer
- Communication Skills-Ability to communicate effectively
- Must be comfortable utilizing Technology (i.e. smartphones and
- Must be able to lift and carry individual cases of product,
shelving, or displays of up to 60 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to work in cold environmental
conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections of retail
stores) for limited periods of time.
- Must be able to operate or learn how to operate a computer,
calculator, fax machine, telephone, paper cutter, copier, hammer,
screwdriver, drill, case cutter, hand truck, and pallet jack. Must
be able to climb and stand on a step stool or ladder.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, decision
making and leadership skills. Must be able to read and communicate
effectively with others.
- Must have access to the internet on a daily basis. Must be able
to work effectively in web based applications, email applications,
and word processing applications.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to drive in a
car for extended periods of timeAcosta Sales & Marketing is an
Equal Opportunity EmployerBy submitting your application you agree
with and accept the Acosta Privacy Statement and Terms of
Keywords: Acosta, Carol Stream , Retail Service Merchandiser - Floral, Hospitality & Tourism , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!