Cook, Part Time
Company: Covenant Living
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: June 19, 2022
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!Bring your culinary skills to
serve seniors in a vibrant environment! We have a new Assisted
Living building and dining venues!Covenant Living at Windsor Park,
part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement
Communities, is seeking a Part-time Cook. The Cook is responsible
for the preparation of food for residents. This position uses
cook-to-order and standardized recipes to achieve proper quantities
and consistent high quality. This position must maintain a high
standard of sanitation within the department and ensure
requirements are met in accordance with Covenant Living standards
as well as federal, state, and local regulation. Generally, no late
hours beyond 7:30 pm! In this role, theCook will:
- Check production and prep sheets for daily assignments and with
production supervisor for any special assignments.
- Prepare necessary food for meals according to production
- Set up lunch for residents according to steam table
- Prepare sandwiches as necessary for residents' meals
- Break down and clean up serving line and all other food
- Properly record all left-overs; labels, dates and properly
- Complete all prep items according to prep sheet.
- Assist with set-up of steam table for meals.
- Take and record temperatures. Correct any temperature
- Plate food for residents as ordered with attention to
appearance and garnish.
- Clean up steam table and all hot food areas.
- Complete weekly cleaning assignments as scheduled following
sanitation guidelines.The ideal candidate will have:
- High school education or equivalent.
- One year of culinary / food service experience.
- Current state sanitation certificate or must obtain within 60
days of hire.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English effectively to use
recipes, prepare meals and communicate effectively.
- Ability to perform math to adjust recipes and convert
- Understanding of standard food measurements and
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and follow
tasks through to completion.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff within the department
and in other departments.
- Willingness to work and interact with older adults.For full
time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org. Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Homeare equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information,
or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations,
or ordinances.Required qualifications:
- 18 years or older
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Able to comfortably lift 40 lbs
- Able to stand for duration of shift
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Background check
Keywords: Covenant Living, Carol Stream , Cook, Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!