Healthcare Cook, Part Time
Company: Covenant Living
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: August 7, 2022
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!Covenant Living at Windsor
Park, part of a nation wide non profit family of Continuing Care
Retirement Communities, is seeking a Part-time Cook. The Cook is
responsible for the preparation of food for residents. This
position uses cook-to-order and standardized recipes to achieve
proper quantities and consistent high quality.Hours are generally
from 10:30am-7:00pm 2-3 days a week. Pay starts at $16 and goes to
$21 based on experience and background. We offer great benefits to
our part time employees including: 403b retirement savings account,
indemnity medical plan, and our Employee Assistance Program! In
this role, theCook will:
- Check production and prep sheets for daily assignments and with
production supervisor for any special assignments. Prepare
necessary food for meals according to production sheet.
- Assist with set-up of steam table for meals. Set up lunch for
residents according to steam table diagram.
- Break down and clean up serving line and all other food areas.
Properly record all left-overs; labels, dates and properly
- Take and record temperatures. Correct any temperature
- Plate food for residents as ordered with attention to
appearance and garnish.
- Clean up steam table and all hot food areas. Complete weekly
cleaning assignments as scheduled following sanitation
guidelines.The ideal candidate will have:
- High school education or equivalent.
- Current state sanitation certificate or must obtain within 60
days of hire.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English effectively to use
recipes, prepare meals, communicate effectively, and have the
ability to perform math to adjust recipes and convert
- Willingness to work and interact with older adults.For full
time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org. Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Homeare equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information,
or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations,
or ordinances.Required qualifications:
- 18 years or older
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Able to comfortably lift 40 lbs
- Able to stand for duration of shift
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Background check
Keywords: Covenant Living, Carol Stream , Healthcare Cook, Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!