Cook, Full Time
Company: Covenant Living Communities
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: January 23, 2023
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!Covenant Living at Windsor
Park, part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement
Communities, is seeking a Full Time Cook. This position is
responsible for the preparation of food for residents. This
position uses standardized recipes to achieve proper quantities and
consistent high quality. This position must maintain a high
standard of sanitation within the department and ensure
requirements are met in accordance with Covenant Living standards
as well as federal, state, and local regulation.In this role,
- Check production and prep sheets for daily assignments and with
production supervisor for any special assignments.
- Prepare necessary food for lunch/dinner according to production
- Set up lunch for residents according to steam table
- Prepare sandwiches as necessary for residents'
- Break down and clean up serving line and all other food
- Properly record all left-overs; labels, dates and properly
- Prepare all necessary foods for supper meal according to
- Complete all prep items according to prep sheet.
- Assist with set-up of steam table for meals.
- Take and record temperatures. Correct any temperature
- Plate food for residents as ordered with attention to
appearance and garnish.
- Clean up steam table and all hot food areas.
- Complete weekly cleaning assignments as scheduled. Follow
sanitation standards.The ideal candidate will have:
- High school education or equivalent.
- One year of food service experience in an institutional setting
- Current state sanitation certificate or must obtain one within
- Ability to read, write and speak in English effectively to use
recipes, prepare meals and communicate effectively.
- Ability to perform math to adjust recipes and convert
- Understanding of standard food measurements and
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and follow
tasks through to completion.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff within the department
and in other departments.
- Willingness to work and interact with older adults.For full
time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org.Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Homeare equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information,
or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations,
Keywords: Covenant Living Communities, Carol Stream , Cook, Full Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!