Company: Covenant Living Communities
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: January 23, 2023
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!We are INSPIRED TO SERVE! Come
join us as a Temporary Housekeeper! Covenant Living at Windsor
Park, part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement
Communities, is seeking Temporary Housekeepers. The purpose of this
position is to provide campus services in areas of cleaning and
sanitizing throughout the campus in order to meet the needs of
residents and employees, and to help assure that facilities are in
good condition. This is a temporary, full or part-time, 3-month
assignment paying $20 per hour.In this role, the Housekeeper
- Perform cleaning functions in assigned areas following
established schedule and using departmental standards and infection
- Maintain all floors as appropriate, including sweeping, dry and
wet mopping, stripping, scrubbing, waxing, vacuuming, extraction,
hosting, and buffing as scheduled or assigned.
- Assist in cleaning emergency spills that are observed or
- Perform project cleaning as assigned, including, but not
limited to; walls, ceilings, vents, light fixtures, windows,
- Remove trash and/or recyclables from collection points, public
areas, and outside entrance areas, and transport to dumpster/trash
pick-up areas. Replace trash liners as needed.
- Deep clean rooms/units as needed at times of
transfer/discharges in accordance with department standards.
- Move furniture as needed. Assist in resident moves at time of
- Complete minor maintenance including light bulbs, plunge
toilets and change batteries as needed.
- Participate in campus linen program, including distributing,
collecting, counting and preparing for pick-up as well as handling
the in-coming linen.
- Participate in making beds in guest rooms or residences as
- Maintain cleaning equipment and repair, or report need of
repair, as appropriate.
- Observe and report the need for repairs to facilities,
furniture, fixtures, etc.
- Participate in receiving campus supplies, deliveries and
putting away as needed.The ideal candidate will have:
- Some high school education.
- Housekeeping and/or general maintenance experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, verbal and
written, with residents and staff.
- Dependability and common sense, and the ability to organize
daily cleaning schedule to finish each day's assignment. Ability to
follow written and verbal instructions and work within standard
policy and procedures, with limited direct supervision.
- An interest in and desire to work with older adults is
- May require availability on weekends.For full time employees,
we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org.Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Homeare equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information,
or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations,
Keywords: Covenant Living Communities, Carol Stream , Housekeeper, Temporary, Hospitality & Tourism , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!