Technical Product Support Specialist
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: January 5, 2022
This is where you save and sustain lives At Baxter, we are
deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter,
your work makes a positive impact on people around the world.
You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we
know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.-Baxter's
products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
healthcare.Together, we create a place where we are happy,
successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your
best work.-Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining
lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission.-Summary:
Provides technical support for product issues reported by
customers.- Required to follow detailed troubleshooting guidelines
and work instructions to get to root cause failure and identify
solutions to resolve the reported issue in a timely and efficient
manner.- The budged hourly range for this position is $19.00 -
$21.00/HOUR plus overtimeWORK FROM HOME FLEXIBILITYEssential Duties
- Provides live support level 1 and troubleshooting for new and
existing customer installed Baxter devices and system peripherals
and associated device accessories and disposables
- Provides customer operational support on how to use devices,
applications, application and work stations.
- Must record and document all customer interactions properly and
in accordance with defined procedures to ensure accuracy in
- Required to interface and interact effectively with Baxter
employees, pharmacy personnel and IT professionals
- Other duties as assignedQualifications:
- Proactive results-oriented individual who sees assignments to
completion. Must have proven technical and troubleshooting ability.
Must react quickly and accurately and remain calm under pressure
(good customer skills). Good interpersonal skills are essential.
Required to work evening, weekends, and holidays on a rotational
basis as well as "on-call".
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and draw accurate
conclusions based on available information
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including
applications and peripheral devices such as printers, scanners,
scales and other devices.
- Knowledge and understanding of Windows operating systems,
Servers and administrator tasks.- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking as
well as database administration knowledge.
- May require expertise in electro-mechanical problem solving and
reading electrical and pneumatic diagrams as well as knowledge of
microprocessors, programmable controllers, electronics, circuit
analysis, mechanics, sensor or feedback systemsEducation and
- High School diploma or GED Required
- College Associates degree in Computer Information Systems or
related field preferred
- 2 years of experience in a technical service environment
providing telephone support to end user customers preferred
- Installing and supporting Microsoft Windows servers and
- Experience supporting client/server database applications
- Experience supporting web-based applications strongly
- Excellent documentation and interpersonal skills
- Medical industry background a plusAll prospective employees for
this job will be required to verify that they have been fully
vaccinated for COVID19, subject to reasonable accommodations for
individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that
prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable
lawBenefits?:A critical component of our company's vision is to be
a best place to work.- As part of this commitment, we provide our
employees with comprehensive-compensation and benefits.--?
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
immediately upon hire?
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays-?
- Retirement Savings - Choose from pre-tax and/or Roth after-tax
savings; Baxter matches 3.5 percent on your first 4 percent of
contributions and provides a non-matching contribution of 3 percent
of eligible pay each year?
- Employee Stock Purchase Program - Purchase Baxter common stock
each month at a 15 percent discount through payroll deductions with
no brokerage fees?
- Paid Parental Leave?
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits?
- Educational Assistance Program?
- BeWell@Baxter-- Global health and wellness program with access
to resources and benefits to help focus on staying well through
education and prevention, taking-action to make healthy changes and
dealing with chronic or acute conditions?
- Business Resource Groups - Employee-run affinity groups that
drive multi-cultural awareness and engagement-at Baxter; provides a
forum for employees to share-knowledge, ideas, and personal
experiences#ind-usgbrd#LI-CJ1Equal Employment OpportunityBaxter is
an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or
any other legally protected characteristic.- - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
--Reasonable AccommodationsBaxter is committed to working with and
providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or
disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or interview process, please click on the here and let
us know the nature of your request along with your contact
information.Recruitment Fraud NoticeBaxter has discovered incidents
of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter
employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job
seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial
information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our .
Keywords: BAXTER, Carol Stream , Technical Product Support Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!