Sr. Principal Software Engineer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: August 5, 2019
Working at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct
contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe,
expanding the boundaries of possibility, and reshaping the world we
live in. If you're looking for
challenging work experiences with a bigger purpose and desire to
learn in a collaborative environment, we invite you to look for the
next step in your career at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is looking to add to our talented
team of Embedded Software Engineers. Our engineers are
self-starters who are part of a team of software professionals
developing world-class software to meet our
customer's high expectations.
The Embedded Software Engineer designs, develops, operates and
maintains software and firmware components and computing systems
software to be applied to and integrated with engineering,
scientific and manufacturing requirements. Applies the appropriate
standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system
development life cycle to support the generation of engineering
applications and products such as laboratory electronic warfare
(EW) and Range training and simulation systems. Interfaces with
customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and
The ideal individual will have experience including the full
software development life-cycle, which includes: requirements,
design, coding, testing, and integration.
Therequirements for a Sr. PrincipalSoftware Engineer are a
Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 9 years of relevant professional
work experience OR in lieu of the degree an additional 4 years of
relevant work experience.
- Ability to translate system performance and operational
specifications into software requirements, design, and test
- Knowledge in programming embedded software using: C and Object
- Knowledge in operating system concepts for embedded
- Ability to test, debug and integrate on embedded
- Knowledge in using requirement management, configuration
management and change management tools.
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain Security
- Experience programming embedded software such as: C and C++.
- Experience programming application software such as: C#, .Net,
- Experience with scripting languages such as: Python,
- Experience on complex systems of systems utilizing parallel
processing, distributed processing, multi-core, secure processing,
Big Data, GP-GPU.
- Experience using RTOS such as: VxWorks, INTEGRITY, PSOS and/or
- Experience with CMMI Level 3, 4 and/or 5
- Experience in using MATLAB and Simulink
- Experience with tools such as: DOORS, ClearCase, ClearQuest and
- Experience using Model Based Engineering, UML, SysML, OOAD and
- Experience with interfaces such as: 1553, Ethernet, Fiber, USB,
Serial and/or PCI-E.
- Experience with Agile and/or Rapid prototyping software
- Differentiating characteristics included: demonstrated
leadership and teamwork capability, interpersonal communication
skills and activities (professional/community/extracurricular) and
an enthusiastic go getter attitude
- US citizen with active Secret or Top-secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Carol Stream , Sr. Principal Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!