Counsel, Labor and Employment
Company: Conagra Brands
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: September 16, 2022
Reporting to the Vice President, Chief Counsel - Labor &
Employment. - You will provide legal support for labor and
employment law activities in the company's manufacturing and
corporate locations, principally within the United States. - You
will partner with other members of the Legal & Government Affairs
and Human Resources teams, especially those supporting Supply Chain
- Provide day-to-day advice on a broad range of questions and
issues pertaining to labor and employment, focusing on those
arising at manufacturing facilities.
- Handle labor and union-related matters, including grievance
administration, arbitration hearings and unfair labor practice
- Provide support on all administrative charges, including
complaints of discrimination, wage claims and other federal and
state employment-related investigations.
- Assist with I-9 (employment eligibility) compliance and
- Provide counsel concerning internal investigations pertaining
to employment or workplace-related concerns.
- Collaborate with HR on development and deployment of policies,
processes, tool/templates, trainings and best practices.
- Train business personnel and develop guidelines and best
practices relative to labor and employment issues.
- Advise business partners and other members of the legal
department on the impact of new and existing laws and regulations
in the labor and employment area.
- Provide support with non-compete and non-solicitation matters
related to former employees.
- At direction of manager, supervise and optimize use of other
department personnel (paralegal, admin) who provide support for
Labor and Employment matters.
- Manage outside counsel and help manage Labor and Employment
- Provide support in the design, structure, implementation and
administration of retirement, compensation, health and welfare, and
other benefit plans and programs.Position Qualifications:
- Licensed attorney with a minimum of three (3) years of
experience handling labor and employment issues; some law firm
experience required; corporate experience a plus.
- Labor and/or compensation and benefits experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with business
clients in a collaborative environment to understand and achieve
stated business objectives.
- Influential. - Must communicate effectively with all internal
constituents from employees to senior management, as well as
external organizations including, potentially, government
enforcement agencies and outside counsel. -
- Compelling written and oral communication skills a must, as
well as demonstrated experience following through to ensure the
message is received and heard.
- Ability to think in a variety of scenarios, propose create
alterative solutions, and articulate associated risks.
- Must be able to quickly build the trust of senior
- Strong financial acumen.
- Demonstrated commitment to team member development and people
- Team player. - Willing to use leadership skills to help
establish an engaged, inclusive, productive culture across the
function and broader enterprise.
- Courageous. - Willing to challenge the status quo, advocate
unpopular positions as appropriate, make difficult judgment calls,
and provide effective perspective on areas including those outside
of core area of responsibility.
- Strong organizational skills coupled with the ability to
compile information from multiple sources.
- Must be able to handle company confidential information and
data requiring the highest degree of attention to preserve
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, ability to handle
unanticipated situations effectively and work well under pressure
with tight deadlines.
- Committed to personal development and continuous learning.
- Must present a professional image.
- At this time, we require applicants for this role to be legally
authorized to work in the United States without requiring employer
sponsorship either now or in the futureOur Modern
Workplace:Conagra's culture of collaboration enhances our ability
to meet critical business goals, deliver value to customers and
consumers and provide you with the flexibility you need to achieve
a better work-life balance. We carefully consider each role and how
often each team member needs to collaborate in-person. This
position requires you work from our Chicago office 3 days a
week.#LI-GS1#LI-HybridOur Benefits:We care about your total
well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your
location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid
life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and
stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development
- Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules
(subject to your location and role)Our Company:Conagra Brands is
one of -North Americas -leading branded food companies. We have a
rich heritage of making great food, and a team that's passionate
about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every
occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye -, -Marie
Callenders -, Banquet -, Healthy Choice -, Slim Jim -, Reddi-wip -,
and Vlasic -, and emerging brands, including Angies - BOOMCHICKAPOP
-, Dukes -, Earth Balance -, Gardein -, and Frontera -.We pride
ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive
culture in the food industry. For more information, visit.Conagra
Brands -is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified
applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color,
religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status,
disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other
characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or
Keywords: Conagra Brands, Carol Stream , Counsel, Labor and Employment, Legal , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!