Quality Assurance Technician, Food Manufacturing, Production - 2nd Shift
Company: Hearthside Food Solutions LLC
Location: carol stream
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Quality Assurance Technician, Food Manufacturing, Production -
The Quality Assurance Technician performs required inspections
to assure incoming materials and finished products conform to
customer specifications, company standards and regulatory
requirements. Inspections shall verify that products meet food
safety and regulatory requirements using established procedures at
prescribed frequencies. Results of all inspections shall be
documented per company standard operating procedures including
immediate reporting and corrective action of deficiencies.
What youll do:
- Fully support QA and Operations management in high care program
- Engage with Operations, communicates with Line Leads and
Supervisors to prevent and resolve any quality issues in the
- Ensure quality standards are met by auditing production.
- Perform pre-operational, operational inspections in accordance
with GMP standards.
- Carry out monitoring and verification activities in accordance
with HACCP plan (including temperature checks and metal detector
- Perform quality checks, including, but not limited to, label
inspections (USDA bug), Lot code inspections, net weight checks,
- Verify equipment calibration (thermometers, scales).
- Verify specifications for finished products and incoming
- Follow hold protocol for any nonconforming ingredients and
- Verify specifications and validation for finished product and
- Perform corrective actions for any food safety, A/B standard,
or sanitation issues.
- Perform environmental swabbing.
- Set up sandwich line.
- Check for USDA bug when applicable.
- Use calibrated probes
- Measure and taste batches and initialize record book.
- Hold product that does not meet quality standards and /or
deviates from the HACCP plan.
- Stop production line if product doesnt meet quality
- Communicate any issues to Supervisors and Manager.
- Perform component weight checks
- Each employee of Hearthside must fully understand and follow
all Facility Good Manufacturing Practices. Each Employee is
responsible for food safety, and therefore, responsible to report
food safety concerns to their immediate supervisor or manager and
take action if necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
- Performs USDA/HACCP/SSOP inspections.
- Performs temperature checks, net weights, and other quality
- Verifies specifications and validation for finished product &
- Performs corrective actions for any issues ( food safety,
sanitation and A/B standards
- Perform duties in the microbiology lab such as swabs media
- Ensures that quality assurance is met from auditing the
- Verify labels are properly place on package.
Physical Requirement: Requires ability
to lift 5-10 lbs occasionally. Stand, walk, bend, and twist, during
the entire shirt (hours vary) and overtime when it is
What youll need:
Education: High school Diploma or GED
Skills/knowledge: Knowledge of Science and
Math. Some computer experience helpful.
Experience: Manufacturing experience in food
Abilities: Job involves standing, walking,
sitting, stooping and bending at the waist and ground levels.
About the Company
Hearthside Food Solutions is the industrys leading food contract
manufacturer, and leader in nutritional bars and baked snacks
At the heart of every world-class manufacturer, and at the heart
of every great company, you will find a unique and valuable
culture. Hearthsides empowerment culture of continuous improvement
and customer focus is the great enabler for the value we create for
customers. Explore our website, speak with our people and tour our
facilities. The Hearthside culture is a game changer and a powerful
competitive advantage for the company and our customers.
Location Carol Stream, IL, United States of America
Keywords: Hearthside Food Solutions LLC, Carol Stream , Quality Assurance Technician, Food Manufacturing, Production - 2nd Shift, Other , carol stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!