Job ID: 2
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Retail - Personal Banking
This is a non-exempt/hourly position. Non-exempt
employees categorized as Full-time generally work 37.5 hours per
Summary: Universal Bankers perform both Teller
and Platform transactions according to established bank procedures.
They acquire knowledge of bank products and are able to open and
service accounts and identify cross selling opportunities to both
new and/or existing customers.
Essential Functions of the Universal
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the following essential
- Consistently provides exceptional customer service. Engages
customers in the lobby and takes ownership of customer experience,
fulfilling general customer transactions on the teller and platform
- Develops and expands customer relationships by proactively
identifying customer needs and offering advice and appropriate
financial solutions to help customers achieve their financial
goals. Refers more advanced customer product needs to senior staff
- Under the guidance of a mentor, works to learn moderately
complex consumer and business products/services, consumer loans and
credit cards, business accounts, IRA's, and/or fiduciary
- Maintains operational signing and approval, and wire transfer
- Assists with educating customers on options for managing
financial transactions by leveraging technology, tools and
resources. Promotes the use of WSB technology to our customers for
their use in their daily banking.
- Maintains working knowledge of bank deposit, loan products and
services and identifies opportunities to refer existing customers
and prospects to Wealth Management, Cash Management and other
internal business units.
- Initiates and ensures successful onboarding of customers to WSB
through the use of phone calls, E-mail, and mailings.
- Resolves a variety of customer problems while ensuring the
highest level of customer experience and satisfaction. Escalates
customer concerns as necessary. Uses available resources for
problem resolution, which may involve analysis of information
received from other internal departments. Knowledgeable of and able
to navigate through deposit and teller automation applications.
Provides customer guidance and navigation through various delivery
- All other reasonable duties as assigned.
Qualifications of the Universal
Banker/Required Education and
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills;
- 1-2 years banking experience, or equivalent experience in a
customer contact/sales position.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed the standards of
both the teller and platform functions on the position.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Requirements for performing the Essential Functions of a
On the job the employee may physically be required to bend, sit,
stand, walk, use finger movements, and/or handle objects (manual
dexterity). On the job the employee must mentally be able to
read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally,
reason, and analyze.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran
status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of