Company: Prince Industries
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Prince Industries is looking for a CNC Machinist in the milling
department in Carol Stream, IL. We have openings on both first
and second shifts.
First shift: 6am - 2:30pm Monday - Friday
Second shift: 4:30pm - 1am Monday - Friday
Opportunities for OT
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and observes all necessary safety procedures:
safety glasses, shoes, ear protection, machine interlocks, lifting
guidelines, etc. as designated in specific work area assigned.
- Operates production machinery to print specifications.
- Performs a variety of tasks by using established guidelines
with limited judgement to perform functions of the job.
- Visually and dimensionally inspect production parts for any
defects and reports defects to immediate supervisor.
- Verify conformance of workpiece to specifications, using
measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and go-no-go
- Required to use statistical process control techniques.
- Relies on instructions and preestablished guidelines to perform
the functions of the job.
- Reads blueprints for such information as dimensions and
tolerances (i.e. GD&T)
- Reads and interprets the Job Traveler for such information as
number of workpieces to be machined, job rate, sequence of
- Understands and follows Prince Industries quality
certifications (i.e. ISO, QS) as relates to position.
- Independently perform all job duties of machine operation with
little or no instruction required such as:
- Machine startup
- Adjust tooling to maintain proper sizes
- Replace broken or worn tooling
- Identify non-functioning safety equipment or unsafe
- Conduct daily preventative maintenance checks to include proper
coolant levels, filters, fan operation, cleans the machine as
- Secures all tooling and instruments required (Doc:
- Completes necessary job related paperwork to include tags,
inspection documents, production log, etc...
- Cleans all spills and noticeable grease spots on floor in
- Responsible for maintaining the quality, protection and storage
of the completed product (ex: layer packing, rust preventative
oils, box weight, etc.)
- Identify necessary tooling required for safe and efficient
daily operation. (i.e. insert changes, drills, work holding,
- Proficient in the use of basic inspection equipment
(including height gauge and optical comparators)
- Able to begin simple machine set ups and/or machine adjustments
as needed (ex: remove and/or set tools or diamonds, reset
jaws, collets, guides, etc.)
- Transports finished materials, manually or using pallet jack,
to area indicated on the Job Traveler.
- Maintains established production rate as indicated on the Job
Traveler and reports any discrepancies immediately to department
- Observes and listens to machine operation to detect
malfunctions, such as worn or damaged cutting tools, etc.
- Positions and secures workpiece in holding device, machine
table, chuck, centers, or fixtures.
- Maintains good housekeeping in work area.
- Works under direct supervision.
- Works effectively with all department personnel and co-workers
in a harmonious and cooperative manner to meet the needs and goals
established by the company.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor; may
include department transfers to meet production needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous experience, apprenticeship or formal training
- 2+ years of related CNC operation experience
- Ability to recognize and interpret documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor and
co-workers as needed.
- Ability to comprehend and follow simple oral or written
- Ability to perform intermediate shop math skills and
calculations: fraction conversions, divide, multiply, percentages,
- Basic computer skills required in order to perform inquiry,
data collection or input.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures
within production field.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Regularly required to stand and reach the duration of shift,
- Frequently required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or
- Frequently required to perform repetitive or short-cycles
- Regularly lift, push or pull up to 10 pounds and occasionally
up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision in which 20/20 vision or corrected vision to 20/20 vision is
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles resulting
from metalworking coolants and oils.
- The noise level in the work environment is generally loud, in
which hearing protection is required.
- Paid vacation and holidays (9 per year)
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans
- Short and Long Term Disability Plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with strong employer match
- Company paid life insurance & AD&D
- 100% tuition reimbursement for job relation classes
- PPE reimbursement
- Your specific benefits package will depend on your position,
location, and years of service with Prince.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Prince Industries, Carol Stream , CNC Machinist, Other , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!