OPPORTUNITY: We are a Foodservice folding carton manufacturing
operation seeking candidates to join our Carol Stream, IL team.
We're recruiting for multiple positions so be sure you review all
of our job postings. This job posting is for a Assistant Machine
Set-Up/Gluer Operator with a pay range of 20.38 to 22.00 /hour plus
shift differential and progressive pay increases. We continually
encourage our employees to advance their careers through on the job
training and job progression through our strong promotion from
within program. Many of our roles are skilled trade positions and
our employees build successful careers in the Printing & Packaging
industry with an earning potential to 31.06/ hour plus shift
differential. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not
limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and
Life Insurance, including health spending accounts and a
progressive healthy lifestyle program, as well as 401-K with a
company matching component and standard supplemental company
contributions. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home
& Auto Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement,
Aflac, Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services.
Tabaco Cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Uniform
Service, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are
Please review all of our job postings and apply for each
position you feel you're qualified and would like to be considered
JOB SUMMARY: Machine Set-Up/Gluer Operators understand and align
business operations and Finishing Department as he/she executes
their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI
business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the
- Sets up and operates straight-line gluers, inner cell, 4-corner
and 6-corner gluers; and related peripheral/supporting equipment
for manufacturing folded and glued carton
- Observes automatic feeding, folding, and gluing of box blanks
to detect machine malfunctions
- Inspects completed work to detect defects and verify
conformance to work order specifications, and adjust machinery as
necessary to correct variations
- Keeps daily time and materials usage reports and records
information in Peak and SAP
- Performs Preventative Maintenance
- Disassembles machines to maintain, repair, or replace broken or
worn parts, using hand tools
- Assist temporary employees with understanding task assignments
while - reinforcing housekeeping, safety and Graphic Packaging
International's core values.
- Review job tickets.
- Performs, understands and follows make ready as required which
includes general set up of the gluer or window machine
- Run the job according to customers specifications
- Quality control of all gluing aspects including carton
alignment, glue adhesion and proper folding
- Verifies and communicates both product standards and work
standards to crew to execute production.
- Maintains equipment by performing minor maintenance,
troubleshooting, calibrations, adjustments, repairs, and authorized
- Clean area around gluer. Housekeeping is imperative
- Possess a strong work ethic
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Mechanical/technical aptitude
- Entry Level Computer skills
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Schedules are up to 8 or 12-hour shifts on alternate days with
rotating weekends off. However, employees must have the ability to
work alternate schedules and overtime that may include early
mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing
- Some Departments/Jobs may run a M-F 8-hour Shift Schedule.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime.
- Sitting or standing, depending on changing job assignment, for
- Awkward and/or repetitive movements.
- Routine Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional Lifting up to 10 lbs.
- Push/pull pallet jack with up to 50 lb. push force. load.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various hand and electrical tools and equipment.
- Work in areas of fluctuating temperature.
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL, LLC is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their
qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our
employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color,
sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation,
citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran
status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the
box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the
microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held
your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of
craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest
manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of
the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice,
household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative,
passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer
packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations
in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive
to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in
the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace
diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are
among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make
our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of,
we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications
for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on
an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or
sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity,
genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any
other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here
to view the EEO is the Law Poster.