Production Technician - Proteus
Company: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Job Description Summary
The MHE Operator is responsible for the safe, accurate loading
and unloading of product within the distribution center. The
following duties and responsibilities are intended to be
representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this
position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty
or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
- Inbound/Outbound shipments are to be loaded/unloaded utilizing
the WMS. Any discrepancy between the inventory count and
shipping/receiving documents are researched by inventory control to
ensure inventory reconciliation. Applicable OS&D processes are
- Ensure every effort is made to load/off-load pallets in a
manner that promotes safety and impedes damages.
- Completes all assigned duties in a timely manner in accordance
with department standards and following department procedures.
- Locates and retrieves products as well as replenishes picking
- Maintains an acceptable work area as outlined in SOP and work
- Responsible for following Good Documentation Practices (GDP) as
outlined in SOP.
- Must follow all safety instructions to maintain safe working
conditions and to adhere to proper operating practices and
procedures designed to prevent injuries and illnesses.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- May be required to train new hires on various warehouse
- Must adhere to attendance policies.
- Required to maintain current status in C2C training
- Material handling equipment must be operated in a safe manner
by designated associates only. All damage and/or maintenance issues
must be reported immediately.
- Equipment must be kept neat and orderly in compliance with
Safety and Security
- Associates are responsible for performing their job activities
in a safe and reasonable manner and in accordance with safety
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse and conduct
all activities in a manner that promotes a safe environment.
- All injuries, accidents, unsafe acts, hazards or conditions
must be reported immediately.
- Report any suspicious persons or activity.
- Understand organizational quality goals.
Sanitation and Housekeeping
- Maintain a clean and professional image.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the facility, follow guidelines as
- The associate must maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
at all times.
- This associate may be provided with Hazmat training to include
general awareness, function specific, security awareness, security
plan and safety training.
- Become knowledgeable with the responsibilities of the other
warehouse positions. Assist as required. Act as back up at times of
absence or vacation.
- High School diploma, GED or 1 year of relevant experience
- Experience with MHE. Including but not limited to Order
Pickers, Reach Trucks, Counter Balance (slip and clamp), and Dock
- Ability to obtain a forklift certification
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced distribution environment.
- Ability to read and interpret distribution documents.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- May be required to operate MHE and use Voice/RF scanner.
- Ability to perform/operate in a metrics-driven
- Basic analytical, organizational and prioritization
- General distribution knowledge.
- The position will almost always have exposure to work near
moving mechanical equipment.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the
position, with or without accommodation.
- Accommodations may be made for individuals with
The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions (Per the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990). While
performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to episodes
of walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, balancing, crouching,
reaching, pushing/pulling, grasping, hearing, twisting, lifting,
frequent use of hand to finger, handle, feel, pick or type which
can include repetitive motion of the wrists, hands or fingers. The
associate may occasionally be required to climb. The job may
require lifting over 50lbs in some areas but not all. Employee must
have normal field of vision corrected to 20/40 in each eye and must
have hearing sufficient to safely operate a forklift in a
manufacturing/warehouse environment. This position requires a
pre-employment physical exam.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex,
creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or
domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics,
disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other
Primary Work Location
USA IN - Plainfield
US BD 1st Shift 6am-230pm (United States of America)
Keywords: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carol Stream , Production Technician - Proteus, Other , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!