Able Services is the largest family owned provider of
engineering, janitorial and facilities management solutions in the
U.S. Since 1926, Able has consistently delivered world class
service at a competitive value. Working together, we deliver
valuAble work-life experiences to over one billion square feet of
Our clients range from large multi-tenant office buildings to
single-user mid and high-rise corporate headquarters and
administrative office facilities. We also serve corporate and
university campuses, data centers, high-tech and bio-tech research,
medical, manufacturing and warehousing facilities.
Who We Are
Able Services is a team of diverse, highly skilled and talented
people who lead with integrity and respect, celebrate collaboration
and teamwork, provide value to our customers, promote
sustainability and personal effectiveness in all we do. We are
'Service at Work.'
The Residential Maintenance Technician, under the supervision of
the onsite Manager, is responsible for maintenance and repairs to
the buildings and grounds, related fixed and portable equipment and
installation, while establishing a safe environment for the
The Residential Maintenance Technician supports the
implementation and documentation of all Able Engineering Services
operational standards and guidelines as well as site specific
standards, policies and procedures relating to the engineering
department. Along with all Able Engineering Services employees this
position provides the utmost customer service and client
- Maintains and performs repairs to buildings, utilities,
grounds, and equipment.
- Optimize the repair and maintenance of HVAC, electrical and
plumbing equipment, and systems. Uses and helps provide best
practices to troubleshoot and repair equipment and system problems
so that problems are resolved in the most efficient and effective
- Maintains continuous operations of equipment.
- Fosters a work environment that promotes energy conservation
and continuous improvement of engineering functions.
- Records all pertinent data in building logbooks and makes all
appropriate daily entries.
- Conducts utility and equipment tests.
- Records pertinent data on all equipment in accordance with
federal, state, and local codes and requirements.
- Process administrative paperwork in accordance to departmental
policies and procedures.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology as related to building
systems and equipment and emergency response regarding fire and
- Actively functions as a team member.
- Demonstrates commitment to quality of service.
- Complies with Able Engineering Services and facilities'
policies and procedures.
- Complies and participates with Able Engineering Services safety
- Complies and participates in facility specific safety
- Maintains regular attendance in the workplace.
- Provides highest quality of service to the tenants, staff, and
visitors at the facility.
- Participate in regular required communication with management,
tenants, and other staff.
- Minimum 5 years' experience that is commensurate with the
specific facility for the position of Maintenance Technician
- As required, highest-level relevant HVAC, plus required
universal level refrigerant recovery license
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Computer skills and building automation systems experience
- Working knowledge of energy conservation required, formal
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.
Able Services offers a comprehensive benefits package including
health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with
immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid
holidays and more.
Able values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to
foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses
our workforce's diversity to our common goal of providing prompt
and superior client service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on
the basis of classification protected by law, including race,
gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, veteran
status, or national origin. We also provide reasonable
accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities.
Able Services participates in E-Verify and will provide the
federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that
you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionar al gobierno
federal la informacin de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted
est autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.