Tool & Die Maker - 2nd shift
Company: FIC America Corporation
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Seeking a Tool and Die Maker to repair and maintain a wide
variety of complex fixtures, tooling, gauges, dies, test stands,
and specialized machine tools to maximize production
- Maintaining, repairing, improving, and preparing machine tools
and dies, by welding or hand and surface grinding.
- Lift, positioning, and securing machined parts on surface
plates or worktables, using crane.
- Performing routine preventative maintenance, such as
lubrication, cleaning, sharpening, and replacement of worn
- Operating and testing machines, such as lathes, milling
machines, and grinders to used shape parts to specified dimensions
- Using precision measuring instruments to verify parts for
conformance with specifications.
- File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit
- Conducting test runs with completed tools or dies, and make
adjustments as necessary.
- Recommending methods and materials to be utilized for specific
- Maintaining and update documentation, such as part samples,
diagnoses, and daily logs.
Powered by JazzHR
- 2-3 Years of experience in Tool & Die
- Experience repairing and maintaining Progressive and Transfer
- 90% of dies will be Progressive
- Needs to know how to operate lathes, milling machines, and
grinders and how to shape parts to specified dimensions and
- High level competency in use of micrometers, dial indicators,
- Experience utilizing overhead Cranes
- Proficient in TIG and MIG Welding (plus)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Fine blanking maintenance and repair
Keywords: FIC America Corporation, Carol Stream , Tool & Die Maker - 2nd shift, Other , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!