IS Team Lead - ITSM
Company: Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Chicago)
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: January 9, 2022
The IS Team Lead reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM,
adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate
Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies,
procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation
standards. We are seeking a strong, high-energy IT Service
Management Lead to be part of an enterprise operational team
responsible for maturing, managing, and reporting on the core ITSM
processes: Incident, Problem, Change, Request, Configuration, etc.
using ITIL methodology on the ServiceNow platform. Additionally,
the ITSM lead will oversee the Major Incident Team and all aspects
of the SolarWinds monitoring solution. S/he is a subject matter
expert in the specific process areas, representing the processes to
all stakeholders, reporting on performance, and developing
recommendations for continual service improvement. The ITSM Team
- Lead team to mature ITSM processes by introducing new
capabilities and implementing continuous process improvements
- Oversee the development and maintenance of processes, policies,
procedures, work instructions, and templates to support process
- Lead the configuration and implementation of solutions that
support those processes
- Leverage knowledge and hands-on experience to identify and
champion improvements for each process area
- Monitor and govern processes throughout the ITSM process life
cycle, validates adherence to specified process requirements and
measurement activities, and leads process quality assurance
- Ensure compliance with process-specific standards and
- Lead analysis, evaluation, and assessment of process
- Apply reengineering methodologies, industry-standard and
best-practice principles to design and implement process
modernization and improvements
- Perform as a self-starter who delivers high quality work and
can adapt to new challenges, either on their own or as part of a
- Coach, mentor and motivate team members to drive personal
improvement through regular 1-on-1 and team meetings
- Management of all types of information systems projects.
Prepare project plans, accurately estimates project timeframes and
resource requirements (both personnel and budget). Identify
required skill sets, obtain project and resource allocation
approvals and assign project tasks ensuring both successful task
completion and staff development. Produce project status reports.
Manage the project team, including clients, vendors, consultants,
and IS staff.
- Responsible for working with project teams to ensure that
established design and quality standards are maintained. Review
project team techniques and ensure that IS guidelines are followed
for; system and integration testing; user and operations
documentation; and user and operations training.
- Responsible for providing the highest level of technical and
analytical expertise required to support the development,
implementation, and ongoing utilization of application systems.
Provide expertise in problem determination, evaluation, and
- Understand the current business operation of the client
departments. Work with client departments, analysts, and vendor
representatives to select, configure, and implement and support
effective system solutions.
- Ensures appropriate support documentation completed and
available. Provides leadership in support of installed systems to
ensure that they continue to meet client objectives. Monitors
support demands (problem tickets, change requests, customer
response), for trends and recommends support improvements to
increase customer satisfaction.
- Establishment and maintenance of a positive working
relationship with clients. Provide quality customer service. Manage
client expectations, ensuring their understanding of the
application system and its impact on their department and the rest
- Continually develops professional and technical skills.
- Expert support leadership provided for complex projects;
manages high risk projects.
- Establishes and manages multiple priorities
- Guides individuals and or teams in development of project plans
including; detailed task lists, work breakdown structures, resource
estimates, and schedules. Conducts the overall monitoring of
projects in process. Coordinates preparation of project status
reports to I.S. management and the client community.
- Provides effective direction for assigned projects. Anticipates
project roadblocks and removes barriers to success. Continually
provides work direction for the project team, including: activity
scheduling, resource assignment, and work review. Responsible for
the appropriateness, applicability, and quality of all work
associated with assigned projects.
- Works with client departments to develop project requests in
line with the capital and operating budget request processes.
Facilitates IS team education relative to use of standard IS
practices for project initiation and approval. Assists departments
with identifying project costs, quantifying benefits and evaluating
- Gains thorough understanding of both the business operation and
the application systems. Is able to provide the client departments
with functional options that maximize the effectiveness of the
- Works with analysts, management and client departments to
develop and achieve quality targets. Improvement areas should
include system stability, cost, appropriateness, IS responsiveness,
and other customer driven initiatives.
- Provides the highest level of technical and analytical
expertise in the application software, tools, and interfaces that
support the system. Understands the interaction of systems upon
each other, the network, and the computer hardware.
- Gains an understanding of the business operation and analyzes
its interaction with the application systems. Assists the client in
evaluating and understanding the operational impact of new or
modified systems. Recommends functional improvements, both in the
application system and the department operation.
- Manages the expectations of the client department. Utilizes
project planning documentation, reports, and presentations to
ensure that management and clients have a clear understanding of
the project deliverables.
- Keeps abreast of the latest software and hardware technologies
through industry publications, seminars, and user groups.
- Escalates decisions relative project plan modifications that
have a major/significant impact on project outcomes.
- Escalates decisions relative to changes in financial outcomes
including requirements for additional resources including
recommendations for additional hardware, software or support that
requires unplanned budget expenditures. Competencies:
- Customer Focus: Utilizes talents, skills, and knowledge in all
assignments for the purpose of leading, guiding and directing the
delivery of excellent system selection, implementation and support.
Guides preparation and delivery of customer service by seeking a
thorough understanding of customer mission, goals, and values.
Supports customers IT business needs on a 24x7 basis.
- Business and Clinical Knowledge: Understands the business and
clinical processes at NMH and the operational environments of
assigned customers. Advocates the effective use of information
systems to improve administrative processes and patient care
through high quality, cost effective solutions. Provides leadership
and guidance to IS and cross-functional teams to achieve quality
- Personal Organization and Adaptation: Responds thoroughly and
promptly to customer needs as defined in conjunction with our
customers. Owns customer relationships and follows issues through
to closure. Provides education to customers on Information Services
processes including capital and operating project sponsorship and
approval. Adapts well to rapid change and multiple priorities.
Seeks to improve talents and skills consistent with overall IS
- Systems Understanding: Maintains solid project management and
technical competence for assigned customer systems while grasping
the integration and interaction of all supported systems.
Consistently manages technology in support of customer goals.
- Team/Interpersonal: Effective team member player and decision
maker. Uses NMH quality management and problem management tools to
effectively and consistently guide/make decisions. Communicates
clearly, responsively, and purposely with customers and team
members. Focuses on overall team success and promotes collaborative
achievements. Shifts easily among different technical and project
roles as required by situation. Often manages multiple projects
concurrently. Not in Patient Care Giver Role
Keywords: Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Chicago), Carol Stream , IS Team Lead - ITSM, Other , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!