Activities Assistant, Life Enrichment, Part time, Morning shift
Company: Covenant Living
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: May 13, 2022
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!Covenant Living at Windsor
Park, part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement
Communities, an Activities Assistant, Life Enrichment. This
position helps the Activity Department in planning, coordinating
and implementing the activity program for all residents on a daily
basis to meet their individual needs and interests. This is a part
time position in Assisted Living. General work hours are morning
shift from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Hours are
somewhat flexible based on scheduled activities.
In this role, the Activities Assistant will:
- Works closely with the Activity Coordinators to develop and
evaluate activity program for residents in Assisted Living.
- Assist, lead and participate in activities as assigned in the
assisted living and health facility. Push resident wheelchairs when
needed. Encourage participation in group activities.
- Maintain contact with room-bound patients in the facility to
provide for their special needs.
- Maintain and circulate the library cart and recorded tapes in
the facility when assigned.
- Maintain daily charting of participation of residents.
- Attend and participate in departmental staff meetings and
in-service training sessions.
- Develop and produce materials and bulletin boards appropriate
for promoting activities in all levels of care as assigned.
- Organize, clean and maintain activity supplies and storage
areas as needed.The ideal candidate will have:
- High School education, required.
- Ability to read and write English in order to maintain proper
records, as well as, must be able to communicate effectively in
English with residents and staff, required.
- Artistic ability and creative talent
- Desire to work with and serve seniors with various abilitiesFor
full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Homeare equal opportunity
employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or
ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected
veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other
characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or
- 18 years or older
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Able to comfortably lift 40 lbs
- Able to stand for duration of shift
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Background check
Keywords: Covenant Living, Carol Stream , Activities Assistant, Life Enrichment, Part time, Morning shift, Other , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!