Staffing Scheduler, Healthcare Scheduler
Company: Covenant Living
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: June 25, 2022
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!Join a great team and help
support seniors by providing vital staffing in our 5-star
healthcare facility! Covenant Living at Windsor Park is seeking a
Full-time Staffing Scheduler.
The Scheduler effectively uses scheduling tools and interprets
points of data to make good business decisions in scheduling
healthcare staff. Effective scheduling will ensure regulatory
compliance, minimize overtime utilization, optimize / reduce and
eliminate the use of agency services, reduce over-staffing
situations, and consistently balance staffing levels in real time
against admissions and discharges. This role is responsible for
campus level scheduling for all Healthcare, including both Assisted
Living and Skilled Nursing.
- Utilize staffing tools and data points, such as OnShift,
Workday and daily healthcare meetings, to make informed decisions
about staffing requirements. Adjust, balance, and flex scheduling
as needed to ensure regulatory compliance, optimize ratios and
control costs. Schedule based on budgeted HPPD, analysis of
overtime costs, agency expenditures, census, and daily admissions /
- Monitor overtime and agency usage trends. Anticipate potential
overtime and prevent it from occurring. Respond timely to overtime
/ agency usage if incurred to minimize impact. Partner with
Healthcare Leadership to effectively reduce overtime and agency
costs. Utilize weekly overtime reports and agency reporting tools
to make decisions.
- Maintain the master healthcare schedule and assure daily needs
are met, as well as addressing and resolving long term trends.
Schedule new staff for onboarding and training with department,
order uniforms, managing absences and finding replacements, and
finding staff to fill open shifts. Communicate with Director of
Nursing on a regular basis regarding schedule change requests,
vacation requests, unscheduled absences, or other staffing needs.
- Identify opportunities for flexible staffing based on business
trends. Make recommendations for cross-training in order to better
utilize resources. Negotiate with team members to realize
opportunities for more optimal staffing, such as flexing team
member schedules based on business needs. Develop and recommend
creative staffing opportunities and solutions.
- Responsible for PBJ (payroll based journal) entries and
ensuring that staff hours are coded correctly for electronic
- Monitor and correct (as needed) employee time punches in
Workday (HRIS) system. Input agency staff hours, as required, in
both OnShift and Workday. Track attendance and inform Director of
Nursing / Assisted Living Director of problem areas.
- Communicate needs with supplemental staffing agencies and
complete records for agency staff, as needed.
- Schedule required employee training for staff and/or send
reminders of training deadlines.EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
Required Degree: High school diploma
- Healthcare background, such as skilled nursing or assisted
living, is preferred.
- Previous scheduling or healthcare staffing experience is a
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Able to multi-task and work quickly, under changing
circumstances and priorities.
- Strong computer skills. Experience in OnShift and Workday is a
plus. MS Suite is desired.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent negotiation skills and abilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to navigate interactions with
a wide variety of people.
- Must be able to build positive working relationships within the
campus, as well as building external relationships as needed.
- Continuous improvement mindset and able to make ongoing
recommendations to improve process.For full time employees, we
offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Homeare equal opportunity
employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or
ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected
veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other
characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or
- 18 years or older
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Able to comfortably lift 40 lbs
- Able to stand for duration of shift
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Background check
Keywords: Covenant Living, Carol Stream , Staffing Scheduler, Healthcare Scheduler, Other , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!