Tool Maker/Mold & Die Fitting
Company: Greif Brothers
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: July 26, 2022
Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to
make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always
Job Requisition #:
019783 Tool Maker/Mold & Die Fitting (Open)
* Performs assignments ranging from the use of ordinary tool room
operations to work involving accurate relationships and extremely
* Plans construction procedures and methods, selecting the proper
* Makes allowances for shrinkage during the heat-treating of tools
and metal flows in dies.
* Identifies and corrects problems in complicated dies and
* Plans, schedules, and coordinates corrective, preventive,
predictive, and proactive activities.
* Utilizes common tools for the role, precision measuring
instruments, and electrical testing devices to complete tasks.
* Assembles, installs and tests tools and die equipment, and
* Utilizes diagrams, sketches, manuals, manufacturer's
instructions, and engineering specifications to diagnose and
* Collaborates with others to ensure work orders are completed in a
* Controls and optimizes spare parts ordering, stocking, issuing,
* Supports root cause problem solving and development of new or
refinement of existing equipment.
* Adheres to all plant safety policies. Participates in plant-wide
safety, housekeeping, Operational Excellence, and Lean
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
* Typically possesses a high school diploma (or equivalent) and a
technical certificate with 3-6 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills
* Possesses strong understanding of automated industrial machinery
and electrical systems. High volume manufacturing maintenance
* Demonstrates ability to read diagrams, manuals, and measurement
* Possesses in-depth experience with complex troubleshooting of
* Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
* Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple priorities in a
fast-paced environment, and to prioritize activities according to
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and any other relevant
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity
for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will
not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of
sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age,
national origin, color, disability, or veteran status.
EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read
Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.
Keywords: Greif Brothers, Carol Stream , Tool Maker/Mold & Die Fitting, Other , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!