Assistant Machine Operator - JOB FAIR: June 28, 9am - 4pm
Company: Graphic Packaging International
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: August 1, 2022
JOB FAIR: June 28 th , 20229am - 4pmWalk-In s Welcome
$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS Due to COVID-19 facemask and social distancing
is required at all times. If you are sick please stay home and we
can schedule an interview at another time. OPPORTUNITY: We are a
Foodservice folding carton manufacturing operation seeking
candidates to join our Carol Stream, IL team. We re recruiting for
multiple positions so be sure you review all of our job postings.
This job posting is for a Assistant Machine Set-Up/Gluer Operator
with a pay range of 20.99 to 22.66 /hour plus shift differential
and progressive pay increases. We continually encourage our
employees to advance their careers through on the job training and
job progression through our strong promotion from within program.
Many of our roles are skilled trade positions and our employees
build successful careers in the Printing & Packaging industry with
an earning potential to 33.87/ hour plus shift differential. We
offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid
Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance,
including health spending accounts and a progressive healthy
lifestyle program, as well as 401-K with a company matching
component and standard supplemental company contributions.
Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto
Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement, Aflac,
Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tabaco
Cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Uniform
Service, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are
Please review all of our job postings and apply for each position
you feel you re qualified and would like to be considered for. JOB
SUMMARY: Machine Set-Up/Gluer Operators understand and align
business operations and Finishing Department as he/she executes
their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI
business, cultural, financial and operational objectives. JOB
FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the
- Sets up and operates straight-line gluers, inner cell, 4-corner
and 6-corner gluers; and related peripheral/supporting equipment
for manufacturing folded and glued carton
- Observes automatic feeding, folding, and gluing of box blanks
to detect machine malfunctions
- Inspects completed work to detect defects and verify
conformance to work order specifications, and adjust machinery as
necessary to correct variations
- Keeps daily time and materials usage reports and records
information in Peak and SAP
- Performs Preventative Maintenance
- Disassembles machines to maintain, repair, or replace broken or
worn parts, using hand tools
- Assist temporary employees with understanding task assignments
while - reinforcing housekeeping, safety and Graphic Packaging
International s core values.
- Review job tickets.
- Performs, understands and follows make ready as required which
includes general set up of the gluer or window machine
- Run the job according to customers specifications
- Quality control of all gluing aspects including carton
alignment, glue adhesion and proper folding
- Verifies and communicates both product standards and work
standards to crew to execute production.
- Maintains equipment by performing minor maintenance,
troubleshooting, calibrations, adjustments, repairs, and authorized
- Clean area around gluer. Housekeeping is imperative
- Possess a strong work ethic BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Mechanical/technical aptitude
- Entry Level Computer skills EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. SCHEDULE
- Schedules are up to 8 or 12-hour shifts on alternate days with
rotating weekends off. However, employees must have the ability to
work alternate schedules and overtime that may include early
mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing
- Some Departments/Jobs may run a M-F 8-hour Shift Schedule.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime. PHYSICAL
- Sitting or standing, depending on changing job assignment, for
- Awkward and/or repetitive movements.
- Routine Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional Lifting up to 10 lbs.
- Push/pull pallet jack with up to 50 lb. push force. load.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various hand and electrical tools and equipment.
- Work in areas of fluctuating temperature. GRAPHIC PACKAGING
INTERNATIONAL, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates
will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job
in question. We do not base our employment decision on an
employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural
origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability,
marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by
local, state, or federal law.
Required Experience At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK),
we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from
this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the
paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier
of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of
the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging
for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage,
foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative,
innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing
consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in
North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to
be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the
communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace
diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are
among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make
our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd
love to hear from you. Learn more about us at .
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference. Graphic Packaging is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the
basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not
base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race,
color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national
origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability,
veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local,
state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster
Keywords: Graphic Packaging International, Carol Stream , Assistant Machine Operator - JOB FAIR: June 28, 9am - 4pm, Other , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!