Company: The Viking Group
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: September 16, 2022
2nd Shift Opportunity! Monday - Friday: 1:30pm - 10:00pm
Position performs routine duties while operating required equipment
to move, weld, and apply certification stamp to pipe. Position
requires knowledge of all welding processes and acceptable
standards set by the industry.
- Manually move pipe in and out of weld machinery.
- Operate weld and plasma machine in order to apply welded outlet
to desired pipe.
- Operate hand held weld gun to apply reweld as
- Apply certification stamp to weld area using metal stamp and
- Move pipe along table to off load onto pipe carts to transfer
- Push carts of pipe to load area for loading purposes.
- Operates pneumatic bander to ready pipe bundles for shipment
- Completes training curriculum including but not limited to
safety requirements while demonstrating an acceptable level of
competence as defined by management.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Performs job duties within guidelines of Standard Operating
Procedures (SOP's) for that function.
- Handle additional tasks necessary to fulfill the needs of the
company and the customer as deemed by the fabrication lead,
fabrication manager, or branch operations manager.
- Minimum of 1-2 years in a production multitask environment
while under time constraints
- Previous welding experience helpful with the ability to become
- Basic arithmetic skills required using whole numbers and
decimals with the ability to read a tape measure in 1/4"
You should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
Machines & technologies you'll use:
Keywords: The Viking Group, Carol Stream , Welder, Other , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!