Fitness, Wellness Coordinator, Full Time
Company: Covenant Living Communities
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: January 25, 2023
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!We are INSPIRED TO SERVE! Come
join us as our Fitness Coordinator! You can make a difference each
day in the lives of senior adults. Covenant Living at Windsor Park,
part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement
Communities, is seeking a Full Time Fitness Coordinator. The
purpose of this position is to originate, direct and coordinate all
special and ongoing fitness/physical wellness programs under the
direction of the resident services director in accordance with
established policies and procedures. The coordinator will represent
the campus in promoting a comprehensive wellness program that is
consistent with the principles of LifeConnect, addresses all
dimensions of wellness and encourages a commitment to optimizing
the health and well-being of all residents and staff.In this role,
the Fitness, Wellness Coordinator will:
- Manage the fitness center operation including facilities,
personnel, programs and budget.
- Lead group exercise classes, continuously monitoring and
adjusting types of classes and times to meet the interest and needs
of residents. Programming will include purpose based and functional
fitness classes as well as traditional fitness classes appropriate
to senior living communities.
- Actively encourage resident participation in the fitness center
- Promote and facilitate the use of the Technogym, other fitness
machines in the fitness
- Facilitates senior fitness tests with residents; enter
information into LifeConnect or Technogym technology.
- Develop individual comprehensive fitness program that addresses
individual resident's needs and abilities in all levels of
- Provide personal and fitness instruction for residents, which
include equipment orientation, a personal fitness assessment and
monitoring ongoing-progress of residents.
- Work with therapy director, residential nurse, and healthcare
administrator to present preventive health programs, conduct
balance assessments, and ensure provision of rehabilitative
services as medically indicated.The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a related field such as
exercise physiology, gerontology.
- Current American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Health
Fitness Specialist or Group Health Instructor certification
required at time of hire or within 3 months of hire.
- Specialty certificate highly desired such as personal trainer,
Tai Chai, or Arthritis Foundation
- A.C.S.M. certification must be kept current.
- CPR and First Aid Certification are required at hire or within
3 months of hire and must be kept current.
- Experience working with senior adults or equivalent knowledge
required and experience in the long-term care and health care
- Two years' experience in direct fitness programming required;
experience in a senior adult setting
- Knowledge of universal precautions/infection control is
mandatory, and we will provide training.For full time employees, we
offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org.Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Homeare equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information,
or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations,
Keywords: Covenant Living Communities, Carol Stream , Fitness, Wellness Coordinator, Full Time, Other , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!