Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: January 25, 2023
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.At Edward Jones our Data Services team is developing and
deploying cutting edge solutions to support the rapid adoption of
cloud and data streaming architecture. They are responsible for
multiple data platforms and implementing next-generation data
infrastructure for users across the firm. In a Platform Engineering
role, you will focus on the MongoDB infrastructure and be expected
to facilitate the "you build it, you run it" mantra through the
development of rapid system integrations and a steady focus on
automation. This will also bring you into contact with a diverse
array of stakeholders from each area of the Technology division and
will require solid collaboration skills as well as a belief in
continuous improvement. In addition, you will engage the rest of
the Data Platforms team in supporting Kafka and Qlik CDC solutions.
This is an exceptional challenge and opportunity for someone who is
excited for rapid change and continuous learning
What you'll do:
- Assist in the adoption of Cloud infrastructure platforms and
the integration of a hybrid architecture
- Support Product and Shared Services teams during deployment of
complex system designs and provide ongoing platform support
- Debug and correct complex internal and external infrastructure
- Document step-by-step procedures and system configuration for
use in ongoing support and future efforts that require
modifications or upgrades to the infrastructure
- Collaborate with peers and project teams to support on prem and
cloud deployments of key technologies
- Provide expertise in researching, configuring, and implementing
Qlik CDC tasks, endpoints, and targets
- Provide expertise in Kafka brokers, zookeepers, Kafka connect,
schema registry, KSQL, Rest proxy and Kafka Control center.
- Create topics, setup redundancy cluster, deploy monitoring
tools, alerts and has good knowledge of best practices.
- Provide administration and operations of the Kafka platform
like provisioning, access lists Kerberos and SSL
- Use automation tools like provisioning using Helm, Ansible,
Electric Flow, Docker, Jenkins and GitHub.
- Ability to perform data related benchmarking, performance
analysis and tuning.
- Monitor, prevent and troubleshoot security related issues.
- Implement best practices and system optimizations to reduce
- Experience implementing and documenting the processes standards
and frameworksWhat You'll Need:
- 3+ years demonstrated proficiency and experience in design,
implementation, monitoring, and troubleshooting Kafka messaging
- 2+ years of experience in developing/customizing and monitoring
tools and utilities.
- Experience implementing and administering/managing technical
solutions in major, large-scale system implementations.
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and
present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and
- Hands on experience in Qlik Replicate and Cloud ETL/ELT
- Possesses Architecture knowledge and standing up new
environment in multiple cloud platforms
- Experience working in Agile environmentTech Skills We Are
Linux experience, shell scripting
At least 2 of the following: Pub/Sub Data Streaming, NOSQL, Change
Data Capture (CDC)
Confluent Platform, MongoDB, Qlik CDC, Azure, Application
Python, Node.js, Java
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune
July 2022, Great Places to Work - data as of March 2022.
Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for
Millennials by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. The
privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance
on the list.2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published
September 2022, research by Great Places to Work -, data as of
August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the
Edward Jones has been named to the
2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work - and
Fortune - magazine, ranking No. 45.2022 Fortune's 100 Best
Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great
Place to Work -, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has
earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For -
ranking by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. Edward
Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.2022 Best Places
to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work - in partnership
with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine
January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
Edward Jones scored 100 percent on
the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality
Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report
measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+
workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best
places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. to learn more about our total
compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically
includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for
this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on
skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a
potential new associate:
Salary: $92984 - $158325
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Carol Stream , Platform Engineer-Kafka/Qlik, Other , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!