Shift Team Lead
Company: JM Swank
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: January 1, 2019
Job Summary: The Shift Team Lead role is to act in the capacity of Shift Team Leader to direct and execute basic warehouse functions within the warehouse facility. Job Responsibilities:
- Direct, supervise, and schedule all daily activities of warehouse personnel assigned to shift and assure maximum utilization, efficiency, safety, and performance of personnel, equipment and materials.
- Coordinates with Warehouse Manager to communicate all necessary daily planning activities of warehouse.
- Maintain and assure, including personally recounting, proper documentation for all incoming and outgoing shipments including product, pallets, lot numbers, weights, quantities, etc., and properly signing documentation for all receipts and shipments.
- Complete and maintain all warehouse documents as directed by Warehouse Manager.
- Assure proper storage and stacking patterns of product and maximize utilization of warehouse space.
- Assure adequate inspection practice of all incoming and outgoing product to assure it meets proper quality standards regarding labeling, pest infestation, damage, age, consistency, etc.
- May assist the Warehouse Manager with the hiring, training, and evaluations.
- Report to Warehouse Manager and all problems, discrepancies, inconsistencies, or deviances in procedure or practice, etc. that are observed during daily operation activities.
- Assure the proper and timely loading and unloading of all trucks, including company trucks, outside lines, and customer pick-ups.
- Coordinate with Penske regarding availability of equipment when necessary.
- Perform in a manner consistent with Company policy, procedure, and practice to preserve the Company's image and status for offering Preferred Customer Service at all times.
- Supporting other activities and projects as assigned or dictated by business priorities. Qualifications/Education/Experience/Skills:
- A high school diploma minimally required or five (5) years related warehousing experience.
- College or trade school training desired.
- Acquire and maintain Commercial Driver License (CDL) is desirable.
- Two years previous supervision experience is desirable within a warehouse setting.
- AS400 and/or BPCS experience desirable.
- Able to perform basic math skills.
- Able to make sound logical decisions and demonstrate initiative.
- Sufficient motor skills to operate equipment.
- Able to demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership characteristics.
- Able to work as a team member.
- Meet physical requirements; able to lift 80 lbs. Who We Are: As a trusted and value-added partner, JM Swank, LLC has been helping customers grow profitability since 1954. We fulfill an important role by working with our suppliers and customers to help provide safe, affordable, nutritious food to those who need it. We've grown from servicing food manufacturers in the Midwest, to a fully integrated supply chain solution for Fortune 500 companies across the nation. Today, JM Swank, LLC is rapidly growing under the ownership of Platinum Equity, LLC, a private equity investment firm. JM Swank, LLC continues to provide unparalleled expertise in food ingredient distribution, including sourcing and logistics, to well-known customers who in turn produce some of the world's most recognizable brands. Our JM Swank, LLC team demonstrates honesty, fairness and flexibility in everything we do. We take a personal approach to partnership, as we work to increase supply chain efficiencies and meet the product needs of our customers. We pride ourselves on keeping our customers informed of the latest market activity and product developments, while always keeping quality and safety top of mind. We continually seek talented professionals who demonstrate strong leadership capabilities, coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit, innate sense of accountability, customer first mindset and unwavering drive towards continuous improvement. Join us as we work to achieve our goal of being the top food ingredients distributor in the nation. Our Culture: Our JM Swank, LLC employees enjoy a collaborative work environment that fosters the ability to challenge the status quo. Employees are encouraged to identify and take ownership of challenges, with a focus on root cause analysis and teamwork. Our employees embrace rapid change, while remaining open to new ideas and technologies. We view growth in a positive light, as it allows us to meet the needs of our customers as well as our overall business objectives. Employees enjoy participating on committees and having a voice in how we conduct business daily. Learning and professional development are highly encouraged, at all levels within our organization. JM Swank, LLC is known for giving back to the communities we live and work in. Our pay rates are competitive, and employees are truly valued for the work they do on behalf of our customers. Our comprehensive benefits package is designed to support employees in their career and in life away from work. (See Benefits at a Glance) How to Apply: All candidates are required to submit a current resume online for consideration:
- Non-Driver Application:
- Internal Application: ADP Career Portal: ADP> Myself> Talent> Career Center
- For further support please contact: Equal Opportunity Employment: JM Swank, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g., U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunity laws. Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done, which will ensure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the JM Swank, LLC companies. Please contact JM Swank, LLC if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Keywords: JM Swank, Carol Stream , Shift Team Lead, Other , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!