Company: Graphic Packaging
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: January 8, 2019
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
This position is responsible for providing support to the Manufacturing, Quality/CI, and Maintenance Managers. Must be able to solve problems and make good, timely decisions, exhibit company core values, and be a change agent for continuous improvement. This position will work on process improvements that improve facility's KPI's. The successful candidate will assist in driving best practices in safe operations and ensure the safety of all operations, maintenance and staff personnel. Needs to be self-starter, be self-directed, take initiative to move forward with ideas, be committed and be able to work with and influence others. Must learn quickly and analyze the data.
* Comfortable working in manufacturing environments.
* Desire to work on projects.
* Leadership skills
* Good analytical skills with attention to detail
* Strong oral and written communication abilities
* Ability and desire to work in a team environment
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
* Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the business.
* Proactive and action-oriented personality; comfort within a fast paced environment and a strong sense of urgency.
* Strong interpersonal skills, proven problem-solving skills; solution focused.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Conduct tests to evaluate potential process improvements.
* Research process equipment, including: obtaining quotes, coordinating product trials, and making recommendations for improvement.
* Assist in writing standard operating procedures, training manuals, and for delivering training to employees
* Provide engineering support to other departments as needed.
* Present to the department periodically and at the end of the internship.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this job. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains at-will.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Keywords: Graphic Packaging, Carol Stream , Co-op/Internship, Other , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!