Tool and Die Maker
Company: Kelly Services
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: June 9, 2019
- Repair and maintain a wide variety of complex fixtures,
tooling, gauges, dies, test stands, and specialized machine tools
to maximize production performance.
- Maintaining, repairing, improving, and preparing machine tools
and dies, by welding or hand and surface grinding.
- Lift, positioning, and securing machined parts on surface
plates or worktables, using crane.
- Performing routine preventative maintenance, such as
lubrication, cleaning, sharpening, and replacement of worn
- Operating and testing machines, such as lathes, milling
machines, and grinders to used shape parts to specified dimensions
- Using precision measuring instruments to verify parts for
conformance with specifications.
- File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit
- Conducting test runs with completed tools or dies, and make
adjustments as necessary.
- Recommending methods and materials to be utilized for specific
production operations. Maintaining and update documentation, such
as part samples, diagnoses, and daily logs.
Other Job Functions:
- Comply with Safety policies and procedures.
- Comply with TS 16949 and ISO 14001 procedures and
- Perform 5-S activities.
- 5+ years of experience in Tool & Die
- Experience repairing and maintaining Progressive and Transfer
- Experience and knowledge of operating lathes, milling machines,
and grinders and how to shape parts to specified dimensions and
- High level competency in use of micrometers, dial indicators,
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Proficient in TIG and MIG Welding preferred
- Experience with fine blanking maintenance and repair
- Experience utilizing overhead cranes preferred
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting
edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world
have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And
engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and
professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or
prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore
opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly
employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in
connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn
and Twitter.Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer
including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual
Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Carol Stream , Tool and Die Maker, Other , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!