Warehouse Assistant Lead 2nd shift (12pm to 8:30pm M-F)
Company: Benjamin Moore
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: March 21, 2020
Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which
was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most
admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected
leader in the architectural coatings and home dcor landscape;
creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands
of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the
driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work
environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful
collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look
for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class
services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using
the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand
experiences for our customers and retail network.
The Assistant Lead will work with the shift Lead to manage
warehouse operations of the Benjamin Moore & Co. Distribution
Center. You will assist in the warehouse management of all finished
goods inventory, inventory accuracy and inventory controls
processes during shift operations. You will ensure overall
productivity, package quality, accuracy and integrity expectations
are consistently meet by warehouse associates during the packing,
loading and shipping process for internal and external customers in
a safe manner.
- Follows and administrates all safety, environmental and
regulatory guidelines and rules; uses required safety equipment.
Oversees quality and cleanliness of the work areas based on
warehouse checklist and equipment.
- Manages the WMS shift checklist daily to ensure that all orders
for any given day are complete and shipped.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal DOT
- Manages all functions of the shipping department and finished
goods warehouse, including load staging, truck loading, finished
goods storage, generation of shipping documents, etc.
- Responsible for management, maintenance and control of
electronic scanning systems. Ensures that all equipment is
accounted for daily. Review and resolve shipping errors and develop
strategies to minimize them.
- Responsible for expediting shipping of customer special
- Helps to manages employee issues, such as job assignment,
scheduling of vacations, attendance monitoring, performance goals
and providing input for corrective actions.
- Prepares daily, quarterly, annual, and long-range performance
- Responsible for managing manpower and delegating work to
employees under their direct supervision to maximize productivity
during production and non-production timeframes.
- It will also be the Lead's role to cooperate with other
department Leads to train and cross-train employees to increase
versatility and flexibility across the Clifton facility.
- Performing 5s audits
- Creating, implementing, and training on standard work
- Key performance indicator (KPI) reporting and management-
- Engaging their teams and cultivating improvement and efficiency
- Performing daily shop floor management tools such as line
walks, stand up meetings, 5S audits, production walks, and shift
- Responsible for decision makers and problem solvers in their
departments and will be required to make critical decision to
maximize efficiency and manpower and troubleshoot issues as they
- Need to possess the knowledge to manage the Warehouse
Management System, to ensure that all processes are followed.
- High School degree required an Associate's degree is
- It is expected that a qualified candidate for this position
will have commensurate working experience in a distribution
- A demonstrated ability to leading by example.
- Understand and uphold safety and quality initiatives.
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to demonstrate and build trust and respect with your
- Working in a team-based environment is essential.
- Requires demonstrated computer skills, a working knowledge of
the (WMS) as well as an aptitude to keep current with new
electronic information systems.
- Computer knowledge of Word, Excel, WMS, SAP.
- Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, strong
organizational skills and flexibility are required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds during the shift.
- Ability to drive a forklift and walkie rider.
Keywords: Benjamin Moore, Carol Stream , Warehouse Assistant Lead 2nd shift (12pm to 8:30pm M-F), Professions , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!