Driver / Material Handler $5K SignOn Bonus
Company: Nexeo Plastics
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: September 14, 2020
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus
Nexeo Plastics is a leading global thermoplastic resins
distributor, representing quality products from world-class
suppliers, and serving a diverse customer base across North
America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia. From
material selection to supply chain and inventory solutions, we go
beyond traditional logistics to provide value-added services across
many industries, including automotive, healthcare, packaging, wire
and cable, 3D printing and more.
Our people, our passion, our global reach, and our technology
platform allow us to create unique ways to reduce complexity in
your business, identify efficiencies, and unlock value for
suppliers and customers.
Nexeo Plastics facilities are ISO 9001 certified. We diligently
observe a commitment to quality in all of our practices and adhere
to a defined quality policy.
Operates company owned or leased bulk or packaged trucks over 20
tons to facilitate shipping and receiving operations. Perform tasks
safely and in a manner consistent with Nexeo Plastics procedures.
Communicates effectively to internal team members and external
customers. Must be medically certified to operate a commercial
motor vehicle per 49 CFR 390.5, except as provided in 391.67. Must
be able to safely work with load securing devices.
- Operate company owned and leased trucks over 20 tons to
facilitate shipping and receiving operations of bulk or packaged
- Perform required pre-trip, during and post-trip vehicle
inspections and provide required reports. Monitor hours of service
- Provide outstanding customer service during the delivery and
pick up operations. Assist customers with questions or problems
attend to customer needs.
- Ensure delivered goods correspond to products identified on the
bill of lading.
- Maintain all required certifications required by the D.O.T,
OSHA and company safety programs. Maintain eligibility to hold
hazardous materials endorsements (no disqualifying offenses per the
TSA). Maintain a valid commercial driver s license (Class A) with
Hazardous Material Endorsement.
- Maintain and protect all company property entrusted to you in
- During loading and unloading process check weights of shipment
and monitor distribution weight to legal road limits. Ensures
material is properly and safely loaded and unloaded from vehicle
for either bulk or packaged delivery. Check material for damage and
quantity discrepancies. Engage appropriate Nexeo Plastics team
member if any discrepancies exist.
- Pick up empty or partially empty drums, totes. Review paperwork
to ensure transport of material is authorized and in
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the
overall team operations. (E.g. warehouse clean up).
- Attend and participate in training meetings.
- Perform duties and tasks in a manner consistent with the
Business Responsibilities of a Nexeo Plastics employee.
- Operate fork lift to pick material, store and stage material as
- Bulk off load material from either bulk tank trucks or rail
cars using a fork lift or a pallet jack or by moving and connecting
50 lb. hoses between the storage vehicle and piping system in load
rack as needed.
- Must be able to lift, pull or push 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged
periods of time. (e.g. bagged material, drummed material on pallet
- Ability to identify road signage and assess road conditions and
discern implication for safe operation of vehicle. See and read
documents and interpret instructions. Ability to see warning
- Must be able to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle as
defined by 49 CFR 391.41
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand and apply
instructions in the English language. Must be able to understand
and fully comply with all laws governing the trucking and
warehousing industry. Must be able to perform basic mathematical
calculations related to container quantities, blending, etc.)
Nexeo Plastics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees.
Additionally, Nexeo Plastics participates in the E-Verify program
to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where
Keywords: Nexeo Plastics, Carol Stream , Driver / Material Handler $5K SignOn Bonus, Professions , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!