On Site Applications Engineer
Company: Flowserve Corporation
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Company Overview:If a culture of excellence, innovation and
ownership is what you're searching for, consider putting your
experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or
as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure
Flowserve's position as the global standard in comprehensive flow
control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional
development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our
foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity
and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve,
we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow
control solutions to make the world better for everyone!Role
Summary:The Application Engineer sees it all-design, manufacturing,
installation and operation of our pumps and seals at our customers'
sites in the oil and chemical industries. In this challenging
position the Application Engineer (AE) provides real-time technical
support to our customers, and provides recommendations for repairs,
upgrades, and replacement equipment. The AE is actively engaged in
troubleshooting problems and implementing solutions onsite at
nearby customer facilities.The Application Engineer will report to
our Woodridge site, but must be located in Minneapolis-Saint Paul
Minnesota. The work hours will be Monday to Thursday, 10 hour
shifts.Responsibilities & Requirements: Responsibilities:
- Communicate the needs of customers to Flowserve and be the
customers' primary source of information regarding design,
application, installation, operation, and maintenance of our
- Act as liaison between customers and Flowserve's sales
engineers, reliability engineers, customer service, and
- Troubleshoot technical problems at our customers' sites and
in-house at our Flowserve Quick Response Repair Center.
- Complete projects requiring both hands-on and mathematical
approaches such as failure analysis reports, product performance
reports, and engineering analyses.
- Evaluate reports and data to support recommendations for
improvement, replacement, or repair of equipment.
- Help organize and ensure monthly meetings to maintain
visibility on equipment performance.
- Provide technical guidance about successful installation and
operation of our products, ensuring that standardized installation
procedures are followed.
- Maintain data regarding customers' equipment and parts
inventories, responding with appropriate actions regarding
inventory reduction and consolidation.
- Maintain data in engineering systems; process engineering
change notices; submit corrective action reports; and maintain
current, accurate, organized files.
- Help conduct technical training as needed for our
- Some physical activity required (e.g., light lifting, walking
large customer sites, and ascending/descending ladders and
staircases in multi-story facilities).Requirements:
- 1-3 years of work experience with mechanical seals, pumps or
the oil and gas industry. In-plant operations experience highly
- Knowledge of the design, materials, and operational
requirements of mechanical seals and rotating equipment, especially
centrifugal and liquid ring vacuum pumps, a positive.
- Must have a strong customer focus and project a positive
- Must be a team player, able to problem-solve and work with
constructively with customers and co-workers.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, organizational, and interpersonal
- Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and
work to specific deadlines
- Excellent communication in both verbal and technical written
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and Autodesk
Inventor experience.Preferred Experience / Skills: BS Mechanical
Engineering, or equivalent technical degree / Bachelor of Science
preferably in Mechanical, Chemical, Petroleum EngineeringJob
Advertising Title: On Site Applications EngineerPrimary Posting
Location: Woodridge, Illinois USJob Posting Category:
Engineering/R&DEmployment Type: Full timeCountry: United
StatesAuto req ID: 53243BRFlowserve is an equal opportunity
employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race,
gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn
more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or
employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay
or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click
here to learn more.If you are a qualified individual with a
disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a
reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your
ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your
disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending
an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond
to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as
your subject line of your email. For more information, read the
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Carol Stream , On Site Applications Engineer, Professions , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!