Lab Technician (Manufacturing)
Company: Illinois Tool Works
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Summary: This individual will be responsible for conducting test
and analysis in the R&D Lab. To safely operate the R&D
extrusion line, to analyze and test zipper, film, pouch structures
for fitness-for-use utilizing laboratory test equipment. In
addition, maintain inventory of pouch, film, and zipper
Duties and Responsibilities
* Run analytical or other testing equipment is required (mechanic
aptitude to use and build testing apparatus / equipment /
* Communicate test findings to multiple stakeholders (i.e.,
formulators, engineers, management)
* Monitors experiments, makes observations, calculates and records
results, and develops conclusions
* Process/input test data to excel, compose plots and graphs, and
organize data for PowerPoint reports
* Develop testing procedures and methods
* Ability to keep detailed technical records/notebooks
* Carry out assigned tests with minimal supervision and properly
document all results and/or observations
* Assist others with daily tasks, as well as, short- and long-term
* Maintain communication between supervisors and coworkers
* Setup and run extruder line during material and die trials.
Maintaining trial records, filing system, and samples. Responsible
for keeping extruder area presentable and all equipment functional.
Utilize test equipment to analyze product.
Keywords: Illinois Tool Works, Carol Stream , Lab Technician (Manufacturing), Professions , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!