Air Cargo Operator - Import
Company: CARGO PARTNER NETWORK INC
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Air Cargo Operator - Import
CAROL STREAM, IL /PRODUCT MANAGEMENT AIR /FULL-TIME
Are you eager to use your experience and know-how to contribute to
our business growth and expansion in the US market and thus build a
promising career in an international freight forwarding
Become part of a small, friendly team to write a success story
together! You will become part of an international team in which we
are successful together - at the desk and around the globe, in
which like-minded people work together to achieve great things! We
have ambitious growth plans to become an international top 20
freight forwarder, developing our air freight product, volume and
customer base significantly in the years ahead.
Our colleagues in Operations are the heart-beat of cargo-partner's
success up to date and will play a critical role in helping us
achieve our common goals in the year ahead. Being a cargo-partner
means more, we share passion for customer service excellence, we
take it personally towards our colleagues, customers and suppliers
and we want you to join us and take us forward!
Job Description: Daily handling of business cases in the area of
air cargo import shipments in accordance with USA regulations and
cargo-partner procedures and standards
The position's responsibilities include but are not limited
- Handle USA import shipments for internal and agent routed
- Manage work flow. Advise Import Manager of issues
- Monitor shipment profitability
- Make quotations for cargo-partner offices, agents and customers
both in and outside the USA.
- Follow INCOTERMS
- Communicate with clients, agents, and cargo-partner offices to
confirm new shipments, advise transport details , and provide
updates throughout the transport
- File rates with FMC.
- Open files within our SPOT tracking system and in AS400
- Issue arrival notices
- Dispatch and communicate with truckers for cargo pick-up and
- Issue freight invoices upon departure and input vendor
Skills & Qualifications
- Air freight experience would be desirable but not
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word,
- Prior experience with AS400 preferred but not mandatory - we
are switching to cargowise so if you have experience with that
system we'll utilize that in future.
- Strong customer service, Teamwork, Coordination, Organization,
Planning, Time Management, Reporting & Documentation Skills, Data
- Personal values; integrity, honesty, energetic, active.
What's in it for you
- Competitive salary package
- Opportunities to work with highly competent teams and
- Learn and gain experience
- Join the cargo-partner family with an international network of
over 140 oversea offices and 3,600 employees worldwide
- Medical / Dental /Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick and Personal Time
- 401K Retirement Plan
Come join our innovative and dynamic international company, we want
to get to know you!
Click apply below to be redirected to our online job
Keywords: CARGO PARTNER NETWORK INC, Carol Stream , Air Cargo Operator - Import, Professions , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!