Senior LN Business Analyst
Company: Marmon Holdings, Inc
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of
Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely
heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial
spirit to drive our success, and we're committed to attracting and
retaining top talent.
The IT Business Partner (ITBP) has the overall responsibility to
serve as the strategic interface with assigned business units or
functional area for the purpose of business technology strategy
development, solution discovery, service management, risk
management and relationship management. The ITBP serves as the
business relationship link between business units and IT at the
executive level. The ITBP provides highly valued strategic
consulting level support and guidance through key IT initiatives.
They communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project
information to appropriate levels of staff regarding business unit
requests and projects and initiatives. They proactively share
knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build
competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of
business units. They partner with business leadership and other key
stakeholders to define opportunities and identify and prioritize
projects based on predefined criteria (e.g. return on investment,
The ITBP proactively serves as a "trusted advisor," and is the
primary IT point of contact to business line executives and
managers. They operate as the key business contact representing IT
in promoting IT services and capabilities. The ITBP provides
support in delivering technology products that meet the needs of
the business. The ITBP focuses on strategic initiatives and
planning activities for their business area. They strive to
understand market challenges, including customer priorities and
competitive issues. ITBPs are proactive and anticipatory in their
thinking. They are, by nature, driven and provide significant value
to business units. ITBP's facilitate the investment intake process
and the high level planning and execution of business initiatives
through the use of technology. They serve a lead role in enabling
the business to achieve their objectives through the effective use
A Sr. IT Business Partner has responsibilities for providing
information technology business partnership to the Marmon
Foodservice Technologies business and Marmon Link organization
through a robust understanding of the underlying business
strategies, processes, and systems. This role serves as the
strategic interface between the larger IT organization and the
Marmon Foodservice Technologies business and Marmon Link business
for the purpose of business technology strategy development,
solution discovery, service management, risk management, and
* Manage the overall relationship with the business users and
leadership and work in partnership with key stakeholders to
accomplish business and IT objectives per agreed upon strategy and
Service Level Agreements.
* Support the business applications for engineering, supply Chain,
manufacturing operations, shop floor, and warehousing primarily
focused on Infor LN
* Work with users and stakeholders to obtain an understanding of
the holistic system needs and core business requirements as it
relates to IT and business strategies.
* Assist in the development and implementation of new or revised
technology, specifically working on capability enablement in the
* Identify, articulate, and champion the strategic technology
improvements that will enhance business performance and
collaboratively define the IT capability roadmap.
* Partner with business and IT leaders to evaluate proposals, build
business cases, plan new joint initiatives, and determine how they
fit into business and IT capability roadmaps and priorities.
* Support successful execution of new technology solutions and
capabilities in accordance with the defined roadmap and ensure
established objectives and expectations of business partners are
* Lead change management strategy and initiatives to minimize
disruption to the business and improve end user experience as
technology initiatives are executed.
* Ensure that project managers and IT staff assigned to projects
are knowledgeable about the functional area, business partner(s),
and their objectives.
* Proactively identify business capability and IT service gaps and
contribute to improvement efforts.
* Serve as an advocate for IT within the business to ensure the
organization realizes the full value of its investments and
strategic initiatives and remains secure at all times.
* Maintain all necessary documentation and adhere to change control
policies, procedures as well as any system or software development
or project management lifecycle methodologies.
BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar degree.
* 7 plus years of related experience or Masters' degree with 3 plus
years of related experience.
* 5 plus years of experience with ERP- Infor LN/BAAN IV/BAAN V
Logistics, Procurement, Order management modules.
* Sufficient working knowledge of IT operations, responsibilities,
workflow processes and procedures.
* Ability to effectively interface with peers, employees,
management and customers within the organization and communicates
effectively both orally and in writing.
* Strong collaboration, teamwork and relationship building skills
across multiple levels and functions.
* A strategic thinker focused on business value results that
utilize technical solutions.
* Able to communicate technical or complex subject matter in
* Highly skilled at creating business requirements documents, as is
and to be process maps, user acceptance test and change plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for the development and implementation of solution
roadmaps and to ensure successful introductions across the
organization and with customers.
* Collaborate with management to develop annual budgets for
respective business areas.
* Develop solution concepts and business cases for new
* Perform business analysis and prepare recommendations and
business plans as needed.
* Create and analyze relevant information and develop
recommendations that they present to senior management.
* Act as the key liaison across all functional areas, including
business units, the information technology department, and outside
* Possess a broad knowledge of most technical and business
resources and use them to effectively coordinate team members and
* Create shared vision of their respective solutions and facilitate
decision making and arbitration relating to trade-offs both within
and between different solution platforms.
* Develop and implement sound rationale for portfolio management
and managing product phase-in-phase-out plans, proactively
anticipating gaps and overlaps within the portfolio.
* Create consensus with other functions as to the timing of
solution introductions and withdrawals.
* Oversee the launch of solutions and help to maximize the positive
impact on the organization.
* Identify, screen and evaluate new solution opportunities to
address unmet (internal and external) customer needs.
* Partner with key staff members to create strategic business
* Possess strong analytical skills, including an understanding of
business economics and financial resources.
* Utilize the appropriate technologies and ensure that customers
have the solutions they need, when they need them, and in the media
best suited to their requirements.
* Collaborate with architecture and operations teams to ensure
solution compatibility with company standards.
* Collaborate with the Project Management Office on the intake
process and prioritization of candidate projects across the
* Participate in strategic and budgetary planning processes,
prepare and administer work unit operating budgets; provide
recommendations on desired policies and goals and implement
new/revised programs according to established guidelines.
* Participate in field research in pursuit of new solutions and to
evaluate the applicability and usefulness of current solutions.
Required Qualifications, Skills/Competencies
* Formal Education & Certification
o Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or
university or 7 to 15 years of IT and business/industry work
experience, with at least 5 years of Enterprise applications and
executing strategic plans and/or project portfolios or an
equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's or
Master's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or
other related field or equivalent work experience.
* Knowledge & Experience
o Strategic thinking and planning
o Operational execution excellence
o Nimble LEAN thinking to drive change that enables efficiencies
and drives growth
o Systems thinking
o Team and collaboration orientation
o Problem solving
o Performance driven
o Learning orientation
o Public speaking
o Effective written/verbal communication skills
o Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and
implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or
o Working technical knowledge of SQL programming languages.
o Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report
software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
o Extensive experience with core software applications, Infor LN
and other Infor enterprise applications
o Demonstrated project management skills.
o Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and
* Personal Attributes
o Logical and efficient.
o Keen attention to detail.
o Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as
o Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly
o Highly self motivated and directed.
o Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
o Strong customer service orientation.
o Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
o Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are imperative
o Building good relationships with the business, peers, and team
across a diverse group of people is important.
o The successful candidate must communicate a clear set of
objectives, delegate effectively and drive accountability to fit
within the group's culture.
o Team oriented, collaborative leader capable of building strong
relationships across the business to help identify key levers where
technology can drive innovation and efficiencies.
o He/she must also build effective teams and recruit, retain and
motivate the IT organization through this significant
Following receipt of a conditional offer of employment, candidates
will be required to complete additional job-related screening
processes as permitted or required by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to their membership in
any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to
complete your application or any part of the recruiting process,
please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please be sure
to include the title and the location of the position for which you
Keywords: Marmon Holdings, Inc, Carol Stream , Senior LN Business Analyst, Professions , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!