Material Handlers - 1st Shift
Company: Federal Signal
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load/Unload trucks and document transaction in accordance with
- Perform cycle counts in accordance with established
- Pull orders/components and deliver to appropriate areas.
- Empty chip and scrap buckets into correct receptacle.
- Perform forklift audit and preventative maintenance.
- Move material to appropriate areas throughout the plant and
document in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist welder/operators with lifting and moving materials.
- Support area with damage free skids and pans.
- Investigate and resolve identified problems with orders.
- Use appropriate software system to verify status of
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area complying with all 5S
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Follow and comply with all safety and personal protective
equipment requirements.Position Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to pass Fork Lift Certification process
- Possess basic computer operating and data entry skills with
knowledge of shipping software.Benefits of EmploymentIn addition to
excellent career growth opportunities, Federal Signal Corporation
offers a wide array of benefits including: annual bonus potential,
insurance (life, medical, dental, vision), paid holidays, paid
vacation, 401(k) with matching contributions and tuition
reimbursement. We provide our employees with a smoke-free,
drug-free workplace.About UsSold and serviced through a network of
more than 100 dealer locations worldwide, Elgin Sweeper products
are the sweepers of choice for a variety of general street
maintenance, special industrial and airport applications. With more
than 100 years of experience, Elgin Sweeper offers municipalities,
contractors and industries the most sweeper options in the country,
using the latest sweeping technologies-mechanical, pure vacuum,
regenerative air, alternative fuel and waterless dust control.
Elgin Sweeper is a subsidiary of Federal Signal Corporation's
Environmental Solutions Group. For more information, visit
www.elginsweeper.com.Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS)
provides products and services to protect people and our planet.
Founded in 1901, Federal Signal is a leading global designer and
manufacturer of products and total solutions that serve municipal,
governmental, industrial and commercial customers. Headquartered in
Oak Brook, IL, with manufacturing facilities worldwide, the Company
operates two groups: Environmental Solutions and Safety and
Security Systems. For more information on Federal Signal, visit:
www.federalsignal.com.The Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis
of, and will receive consideration for employment without regard
to, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information,
status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category,
characteristic, or trait under applicable law. If you require
reasonable accommodation in the application process, call Human
Resources at 630-954-2000. All other applications must be submitted
online. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Federal Signal, Carol Stream , Material Handlers - 1st Shift, Professions , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!