Maint Mechanic Class B
Company: DAVIES MOLDING, LLC
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job Summary The Maintenance Mechanic has responsibilities to
maintain, troubleshoot and repair a variety of electrical and
mechanical equipment in an injection molding processing
environment. This position requires proficiency in multiple skill
clusters, such as electrical controls, fluid power, mechanical
systems, welding, fabrication, and manufacturing processes. This
person will perform low to medium-level machine systems
troubleshooting and repair along with providing technical support
for all phases of the operation. Knowledge of plant and building
maintenance and simple construction work, including but not limited
to, electrical repairs, pipe fitting, carpentry, welding, and
hydraulics. Able to determine work methods and procedures from
received assignments. Able to read and understand sketches,
blueprints, or diagrams. Ability to work with hands and to work in
mechanically oriented situations following the instruction of a
supervisor. Primary Responsibilities Make minor hydraulics
- Repair or replace tie bars and nuts, air and hydraulic cylinder
valves, motors, pulleys, etc. Repair forklifts and mold trucks.
Complete preventive maintenance programs.
- Must know, understand, and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of
and follow all applicable safe operating procedures and rules
including housekeeping requirements. Make minor mechanical repairs.
- Locate and repair leaks on production machinery. Complete
preventive maintenance programs. Make minor electrical repairs.
- Troubleshoot and repair building and production machinery.
Complete preventive maintenance programs. Make minor welding
- Welding of non-critical applications, i.e., dumpsters,
brackets, etc. Torch cutting. Minor building repairs.
- Check and repair plant and office lighting, heating, dust
collector, and make-up air units. Complete preventive maintenance
programs. Additional tasks
- Handle additional duties as assigned. May include but are not
limited to carpentry, clean up, set up, etc.
- Must know and follow all plant, departmental, and job safety
- Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements
necessary for this skill or job area. Skills required
- Basic math skills: ability to read, write, add and subtract
- 3 years of prior experience, preferably in the plastics
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires excellent mobility and the use of proper lifting
techniques to avoid injury.
- Legible penmanship.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Forklift experience must be able to pass forklift
- Identify and report any safety risks, accidents, incidents
(near-miss), injuries, and property damage at the workplace.
Correct use of appropriate personal protective equipment Schedule
Carol Stream, IL position:
- Monday to Friday, 8-10 per day
- 1st Shift - Ability to cover 2nd shift highly desirable, Full
Time Flora, MS position:
- Monday to Thursday, 12 hours per day
- 2nd Shift - Full Time Job Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401 (k)
- Short & Long Term Disability Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Keywords: DAVIES MOLDING, LLC, Carol Stream , Maint Mechanic Class B, Professions , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!