Production Supervisor (Offset/Printing) 3rd shift
Company: Graphic Packaging
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: March 15, 2019
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Provides leadership and supervision to production work teams and serves as the link to plant management for the team. Facilitates team meetings, intervenes as necessary to keep the team's goals and results consistent with company direction, and works with the team members to develop their full potential. The shift supervisor, in conjunction with the team, is responsible for product quality, product quantity, equipment condition, team member safety and department housekeeping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
* Supervises and facilitates the day-to-day shift activities of team. Utilizes knowledge and experience, providing training to team members. Responsible for their individual performance. Oversees scheduling, material handling issues and maintenance, as well as resolving production problems. Helps team achieve goals and has responsibility for personnel issues, including required discipline.
* Provides a communication network between direct reports and middle and upper management.
* Works with employees to maintain a safe work environment. Encourages and leads team members to work in a safe manner and to seek improvement in work practices for their benefit. Develops and implements safety procedures and supports Safety Coordinator in achieving departmental and plant safety goals.
* Assures that the team maintains quality standards and uses SPC techniques for problem resolution through knowledge of product specifications and training of personnel.
* Ensures that product quality, production efficiencies, and overall productivity meets or exceeds established standards, and is directly accountable for expenditures exceeding budgeted levels.
* Strives to be technically proficient on the machinery in the department. Provides assistance to the team in problem resolution and assures that testing and product development is carried out in a professional manner.
* Participate in SQF Root Cause and Corrective Actions (from customer complaints, SQF audits, validation, and verification activities) as required.
* Follow all procedures related to producing Safe Quality Foods (SQF).
* Report any potentially unsafe SQF conditions or customer complaints to a person of authority to record and/or correct the situation.
* Performs all other duties as assigned
* The Shift Supervisor must be a leader with exceptional communication skills, good organization, and the ability to motivate people to perform at high levels.
* Production experience is required and continued education is considered a plus. Must be quality conscious and customer oriented.
* A four-year college degree and/or equipment-direct experience in the folding carton industry is required.
* Minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing plant preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this job. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains at-will.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster
Keywords: Graphic Packaging, Carol Stream , Production Supervisor (Offset/Printing) 3rd shift, Professions , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!