Company: Parker + Lynch
Location: Carol Stream
Posted on: February 3, 2020
Parker Lynch is seeking a hands-on Plant Controller with solid
manufacturing industry and cost accounting experience. The Plant
Controller is responsible for all aspects of financial
administration within their respective manufacturing facility. This
includes responsibilities in G/L accounting functions, financial
statement preparation, timely month-end and year-end close, prepare
and review accounting entries in accordance with GAAP, balance
sheet account reconciliations, audit support and providing guidance
on technical accounting issues. This company located in Carol
Stream offers outstanding benefits, limited travel and one of the
best work/life balances in the Chicago land.Primary
- Variance Analysis & Reporting of Plant Operating Metrics -
combination of financial and manufacturing metrics including,
labor, machine utilization, shift performance, cost controls,
inventory management, etc.
- Support the Plant Manager & Supply Chain in developing &
updating monthly production Plan, and measuring actual performance
to Plan on a daily, weekly & monthly basis.
- Work with Plant Operating staff to understand and improve
processes & workflow including, raw materials processing, inventory
management, quality assurance, shipping, and customer service.
- Assist in financial close and monthly forecast for Plant
- Will have specific Journal Entry responsibilities to support
- Will be responsible for analyzing Plant P&L's and
conducting review with leadership team
- Work with Plant Manager & staff in developing annual Plant
- Observe, analyze, develop and update actual labor cost per line
- Assist with ERP implementation at the Plant level, as
- Capital expenditure tracking & cost improvement tracking
- Work with Inventory Control to develop cycle counting process
for raw materials and finished goods
- Assist with corporate reporting and standard cost updates
- Help drive and support a performance culture in a dynamic, fast
- Other projects & assignments as neededExperience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of cost accounting experience.
- Hands on, often working on Plant Floor with the team to
understand and improve cost, processes, etc.Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of plant accounting practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning, change management and organizational
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems, achieve results and
foster strong customer service orientation.
- High degree of initiative, team building and dedication to
effective positive change.
- Advanced computer skills. Advanced Excel skills required.
Keywords: Parker + Lynch, Carol Stream , PLANT CONTROLLER, Professions , Carol Stream, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!